Author Topic: Questions after computer crash... Help  (Read 42889 times)

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
Questions after computer crash... Help
« on: November 14, 2008, 10:16:29 AM »
Dear friends,

As said above, AVG Antivirus first, and “technicians” after, have destroyed my entire system, including both hard disks, master & slave.   :v8slap:
See http://securityandthe.net/2008/11/10/avg-virus-scanner-removes-critical-windows-file/
No backups of ANYTHING left. :banghead:

Question:

How can I retrieve my site back to my restored computer?
I have already downloaded the program from GlobalSCAPE and installed OK (V-4.0)
Please be kind, step by step, remember I’m an Italian than speaks Spanish and ask in English…  :-[

Thank you all in advance :)

T

P.S.
Please, let me know when GlobalSCAPE will permit to use V-4.0 license on V-5.0  :clapping:

Sorry... Sorry... Sorry...   :-[

I have just found on Cute's Help "Retrieving a backup of your Web site file... "

I will give it a read and then we will talk... Thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 10:22:05 AM by Tony41 »
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
Re: Questions after computer crash... Help
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:36:20 AM »
Here is the procedure
"2.   In the browser address bar, type your Web site address followed by a "/" and then
   the name of the backup. For example, if your site was named "MySite" and your Web
   address was "www.example.com", you would type: "www.example.com/MySite.cab".

Can you believe that I don't remember the file NAME ?  :banghead: :banghead:
I always let Cute to manage it! :(
Please, don't blame me, just help me...  :'( :'(

T
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 10:55:29 AM by Tony41 »
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 01:14:57 PM »
I am SO sorry for your loss!!   :'(
What a terrible thing to happen to you.
No blaming.  I'd give you a hug if I could! 
(((((HUG))))))

Before we do anything...
Did you copy any of your tlx design files onto REMOVEABLE storage?
- CD
- DVD
- Zip Drive
- USB thumbnail drive
- ANYTHING removeable?
Or were all your backup copies on the slave drive?

CSB can make a backup for you and send it to your host, just in case something bad happens.
When you published, did you ask CSB to make a backup copy when you publish?
MOST PEOPLE DO NOT ask CSB to make a backup.  It makes publishing take longer.
If you DID ask CSB to make the backup file, it will be easy to find on your website.

Use an FTP software to connect to your website.
Then go to where your home page is.
Scroll up and down through the window and look for a file name that ends in .cab
If you have one, you will be in luck.

Do you have the ability to use your windows RESTORE function?
Can you take your machine BACK to a previous date BEFORE the AVG problem?

Let me know your answers to these questions so we can direct you properly.

Note about AVG:  My mother used to have the PAID version of AVG. I took it off her machine a few months ago when it caused problems for her. Also, the tech support would NOT respond to her at all.  I put the FREE AVAST software on her machine and she has run well since then.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:38:36 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 08:07:34 PM »
Hi, sorry for being late answering, it is now 01:30 in the morning for me and I just stop working.  >:(
Thank you Sami for your support.

Nothing of what I've done till now works fine!!  :banghead:
I tried the above procedure explained into Cute's help... nothing. "Page not Found" :-\
Then I downloaded CuteFTP trial for 30 days. Nothing. It does not connect to the server. I followed step by step the setting procedure explained by the assistance section of my server site (see it here: http://assistenza.tiscali.it/windows/ftp/cuteftp425/  it is in Italian, but pictures are quite clear to understand). Nothing. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. :v8slap:

Answering your questions Sami:

<<< Did you copy any of your tlx design files onto REMOVEABLE storage?>>>
NO, well… a few things (valuable things)on a USB thumbnail drive but are not updated and not related with my site but with my work: my dBase programs I still using  :yes:
All my copies were on the slave.

<<< When you published, did you ask CSB to make a backup copy when you publish?>>>
I’m not sure… may be not, because I have not ever seen one…  ???

<<< Use an FTP software to connect to your website.>>>
I tried for hours and I couldn’t… (CuteFTP8)       :banghead:

<<< Do you have the ability to use your windows RESTORE function?>>>
I tried it when took my computer back from the “technicians” but it didn’t work. They “partitioned” (?) the master and, I don’t know why, put their hands also on the second drive causing an unknown damage to it.

<<< Can you take your machine BACK to a previous date BEFORE the AVG problem?>>>
No, I have already started from zero…

I used a wonderful save-lost-data program: GetDataBack restoring some files from “D” but were mostly family pictures and not useful (important) files….

(02:00 a.m.) I’m going to sleep… I will read you tomorrow

…night

T

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 10:57:14 AM »
I am so sorry.  Your “technicians” really messed up.   I am surprised that they didn't just REMOVE the second drive before trying to recover the main drive.  What a mess. I would be absolutely heartbroken!

Since you do not have the tlx design file(s) for your website, you have limited options.
And none are very good options or very fast!

Before we discuss them, let me stress this to you:
You MUST get a copy of everything on your website.   The way it is right now.
This is VERY important.  
Use FTP software or file manager/control panel at your host to download ALL PAGES, ALL FILES of your website to your own computer as a backup.
Make a backup of everything out there so if you mess up while rebuilding you can put something back up.   Depending on the size of the site this may take a long time but WELL WORTH THE EFFORT!!!!

I know you have a problem getting into your website.
If you would like, I will gladly check your settings for you in an FTP program.
Then privately report back to you the proper settings you should use in CSB and in an FTP program.
Please send me user name/password/website information for your hosting account.
You can use the form on my website:  samisite.com/contact.htm
IT IS A SECURITY RISK to allow someone access to your website, and you can choose not to do it with no hard feelings. But I will tell you I have been a part of this community since fall of 2000 (as far back as Trellix 2.1) and I will not do anything to your account now or in the future. I will not risk my reputation on the forum, with GlobalSCAPE or anywhere else.  I don't mess with people like that!  I would use your settings only to test then delete them from my machine. I do not maintain that information or ever revisit the site.   I have done this for a couple hundred folks over the years.  After we get you into your website, I recommend you change your PASSWORD. This will prevent me or anyone else from entering your site.

CSB backup file:
In CSB4 and CSB5, one of the publishing options was to send a backup of your tlx file to the host.
If you had that checked it would have slowed your publishing, but you would have a complete backup of the tlx design file.  Check for a file that ends in .CAB on your site.  (If you have me test your settings, I will look for the backup file for you.)   If you have it, you can download it, and follow the instructions on this page to use it again:  http://kb.globalscape.com/article.aspx?id=10298&cNode=6T0V4B
That would be your BEST situation.

If you don't have that file, you need to make some decisions.

You have the HTML for the site on the server.  That is what we see when we visit your website.
There is no way to turn the HTML back into a .tlx file.
CSB is an HTML generator.  You do not directly edit the HTML files.  CSB makes the HTML for you.
If you want to continue to use CSB to build and edit your website, you will have a slow process.
1) You must either start over with a blank file and build from scratch. You can make a new design, new colors, new layout and make it fresh.
2) OR:  You can COPY/PASTE your content page by page back into a new tlx design file.
The only way to recapture a CSB site from the web is to go to your site online, open a new .tlx file, and copy and paste from the site into the .tlx file. Copy and paste the actual text, images, etc. - not the source code. If the site isn't too large, that can be easier than starting from scratch.

If you want to edit the HTML directly you could start with your site's current HTML file and take it forward with a different program.  This would be a good time to consider switching to an editor.

WARNING:
If you republish a partial re-do of the site it will overwrite everything now online, unless you publish as a subdirectory.

But if you don't want to do the whole thing in one swoop, you can publish the redone pages to a subdirectory until you have everything ready. In fact, depending on the size of the site, this could be a great opportunity to publish different parts of it to different subdirectories to cut down on publishing time and to help organize your site. 

If you build a new .tlx file and then publish it to your site address where you already have pages built by CSB, you'll probably get a warning that you're about to overwrite the entire site and asking if you want to continue. If you're ready, say yes
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 04:21:19 PM »
I would trust Sammy with my web site any time.  :hearts:
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 05:09:15 PM »
Me too, Safari, with blind eyes... :clapping:

Thank you Sami, you are really very kind.
I tried to sent to your mail the information to access the site, but I’m getting: “No email sent Suspicious activity detected  - Press your BACK button to return to form”

(How come any thing that I lately do DON’T WORK???) :banghead: :banghead:

There was not necessary to tell me about your integrity,  even if I understand your position, in your case, I would do the same.

As I said before, I went to the official server site: www.mysite.it were anyone can find a lot of info about everything related with their services, ADSL, Mail, Voice, etc. even how to set parameters to access your space:

I will virtually lead you in a short trip
Home page:
h**p://www.tiscali.it/  go all the way down, middle page, click Configurazioni under Assistenza
Should take you to:
h**p://assistenza.tiscali.it/configura/  - click Windows Logo

Should take you to:
h**p://assistenza.tiscali.it/configura/  - click on “il client FTP”

Should take you to:
h**p://assistenza.tiscali.it/configura/  - click on Cute FTP (with yellow Logo)

Should take you to:
h**p://assistenza.tiscali.it/windows/ftp/cuteftp425/

Should take you to:
Page with samples views of Cute FTP settings page.

Here we are, simple, isn’t it?   Well, that’s FTP Version 4, I got V-8, but all these programs are quite the same… I think so.

It asks you to write, under the Site Manager tab:
any Text Name for “Label for site
For the FTP Host Address: ftp.mysite.it
For FTP site User Name:  my Login for the server FTP
For FTP site Password: my Password for the server FTP
FTP site connection port: 21
Login type: Normal
and finally, on next page, just make sure that is checked Normal and Automatic, that’s all, click on Connect and it should go.  Well, it doesn’t do it.

Let me tell you that the first time I did it was in 2001 when published my first pages, all further updates, changes, etc. where made automatically by CBS. My older 16Kb of brain memory doesn’t help to much to remember details of how I did it at that time… I presume that ID and PW (the ones I wanted to send you) are the same as those that I normally use to enter into the reserved and PW protected Customer Area, were they work fine.

We will follow later..

Tony

P.S.
Pls. help me ALSO on how to send you a simple message filling a simple form clicking on a simple Submit button... Thanks  :'( :banghead:

(edited:  removed links from this post)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:19:44 PM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »
STOP....  STOP.... STOP... NEWS...

I just found an area on the server site regarding web OWNERS...
http://assistenza.tiscali.it/windows/ftp_domini/cuteftp6/index.html

I haven't read well yet to write you this post, but I think that there is the solution.. :boogie: :boogie:
I'll be back, probably tomorrow. It is late here and need time to read and try. 

...night

Tony

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 06:45:37 PM »
DONE !!!!!!!!

I downloaded the entire site!...I will later explain how.  :clapping:
There are two files .tlx: one last modified 02/12/2006 and the other (with obviously another name) 23/10/2002!! How come? Although, the TlxTransfer.txt file is dated 07/11/2008 which really match with my last change on the site. Anyway, CBS doesn't want to open neither one.  :banghead: again&again&again. I will need a Doctor to check my forehead... The older one because was created with an older version of CBS, and the newer, even if I could open it, is to old. Many changes have been since...

What did I do wrong or different since 2006? Do you think I could solve the situation? Now it seems easier... when you know how  LOL

(00:45 a.m.)  :o

Tony

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 08:35:53 PM »
Thank you for the confidence Wanda and Tony!  :hearts:

Tony, I AM SO GLAD you were able to access your webspace.
And even MORE glad that you made a copy of everything that is stored there. 
Burn those pictures, html files, folders, etc to a disk or put on a thumb drive so it can not be altered by accident.
Just in case.
You MAY need to come back to those.

I am sorry that you do not have a CAB file stored on your website.
That means you DID NOT have your CSB set to make a backup copy.
As I said, most people do not.

The txt file should be your guide for rebuilding your site.  Print it out and use it for your checklist for web pages!
Every time you publish your site with CSB, a new copy of that file is put on your site.
So it shows all the things put onto the site by CSB.
Every time you publish, CSB checks this list, compares details and says, this page has changed so only that page uploads.  If that file is missing or does not match the tlx file you are working on, the ENTIRE CSB tlx file will publish and you get a warning.

SO.  Now you have a choice to make.

1) edit the pages you have with an HTML editor program and drop CSB.
2) Make all new pages with CSB or some other program, starting from scratch.
3) TRY to bring your 2006 tlx file forward.   If the file was Trellix 2.7 or CSB 3 and you opened it with CSB 4 or 5 you will need to convert the file to the new format.  You can open that file and IMMEDIATELY do a file save as and save it with a new name. That should allow you to edit the file again.  Open your website in Internet Explorer and start to copy and paste from your web pages into your tlx design file for fastest rebuilding.  Or redesign as you go along, rebuilding pages.  Make sure you keep the names of your web pages the SAME as you have them now so all your links will be the same.

Check your email for a note from me since you didn't get my form to work for you.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 06:29:44 AM »
Thank you for the confidence Wanda and Tony!  :hearts:

Tony, I AM SO GLAD you were able to access your webspace.
And even MORE glad that you made a copy of everything that is stored there. 
Thanks  :)

Burn those pictures, html files, folders, etc to a disk or put on a thumb drive so it can not be altered by accident.
Just in case.
You MAY need to come back to those.
DONE!

The txt file should be your guide for rebuilding your site.  Print it out and use it for your checklist for web pages!
DONE!

Every time you publish, CSB checks this list, compares details and says, this page has changed so only that page uploads.  If that file is missing or does not match the tlx file you are working on, the ENTIRE CSB tlx file will publish and you get a warning.
I notice on the list a lot of images not longer used (by viewing them them with a image manager IrfanView) I thought that every time you published, Items not on the list would be deleted...
Question: can I manually delete these pictures to gain space? I only have 20 Mb on my contract, though I still having plenty space, the site is not too big. The count of restored files is 1099 most of them (images) not longer in use

SO.  Now you have a choice to make.

1) edit the pages you have with an HTML editor program and drop CSB.
No way... I wouldn't like to start learning again... I'm too old.. :(

2) Make all new pages with CSB or some other program, starting from scratch.
Sounds hard, but seems to be the viable alternative, for me.

3) TRY to bring your 2006 tlx file forward. But, it is too old ..! Would be same as starting from scratch... 
If the file was Trellix 2.7 or CSB 3 and you opened it with CSB 4 or 5 you will need to convert the file to the new format. Was created with CBS 4
You can open that file and IMMEDIATELY do a file save as and save it with a new name.
That should allow you to edit the file again.  Open your website in Internet Explorer and start to copy and paste from your web pages into your tlx design file for fastest rebuilding. I think that will be a hard/mess work... there are too many differences, new pages, new/modified images, etc.
Or redesign as you go along, rebuilding pages.  Make sure you keep the names of your web pages the SAME as you have them now so all your links will be the same.

Questions: say that I open CBS and start a NEW program. Can I copy and paste page by page?. If yes, how do I have to manage the page names? In other words (my English... :banghead: I can't express myself as I would like to... :banghead:) can I make an EXACT copy of lost program in order to publish as if nothing happened? As far as I know, the page names are assigned by CBS... well, this is only true that I never tried to assign a name ???  On the Tlx list they are named "id38_xxx ", "id39_xxx " and so on, only the home page has a name "index"

Check your email for a note from me since you didn't get my form to work for you.
Done! I will replay after posting.

Tony

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »
Question: can I manually delete these pictures to gain space? I only have 20 Mb on my contract, though I still having plenty space, the site is not too big. The count of restored files is 1099 most of them (images) not longer in use

Yes.  Now that you have saved a copy of everything on your site you are free to modify.
Delete old unused images.  Be careful not to take out any of the SYMBOL images.  CSB gets cranky with these now and then and leaving them on your site will take no space.  (Symb075c00b700c800000000.png)

I thought that every time you published, Items not on the list would be deleted...
Make sure you do FILE SAVE AS and RENAME the file fairly often! This will compact the file as best can be. Otherwise YOU see the item is missing from your tlx file, but CSB holds a memory of those things!   

Batman (on the GlobalSCAPE forum) asked me this question:
Doesn't this FILE SAVE AS method create multiple and useless and out-dated copies of the files?  
And I answered:

Yup.  Sure does.   3 advantages to this method:

1) Compacts the file, keeping it running as smoothly as possible.  File save as without a rename does NOT have the same effect.  Compacting the file is VITAL. It is the ONLY WAY to prune the file to fully remove pages/images from the file. Otherwise the file has a memory of unused code, bloating the file and making it more likely to have problems. Sometimes this procedure removes the big problems and corruptions too. 

2) The older file becomes your BACKUP.  Should you encounter corruptions in the main file making it unusable, you can revert to your last version.  Has saved a TON of people.  I save the file with names that have dates in them:  main-01-01-08.tlx, main-01-17-08.tlx etc so it is VERY EASY to identify the most current file and the last backup.  I back them up on CD or backup drive then dump them from my computer.  If you don't want to burn them, that is your choice but keeping 2 or 3 older copies is always recommended. If you don't have them and the main file you are working on becomes corrupted, you are done....start over from scratch.

3) Archival record of the site.  Last year I had to prove when something was loaded to the website.  Used the archives (those dusty cds that have no value to you) to identify the date that was added.  Proved that the content was MINE and that someone else was copying it!

say that I open CBS and start a NEW program. Can I copy and paste page by page?.
You will not be able to copy the entire page at one time.  Depending on how you put your pages together, you may need to copy/paste little by little.  A paragraph, a picture, at a time. You will need to do each border separately since you used FRAMES to publish your website. 

You might consider unchecking the box for frames (in publishing options) so you have a single solid web page this time around. Your choice. Please read about FRAMES here.  That page will explain why you have several versions of the same page listed in your TransferTlx.txt file.

how do I have to manage the page names?
Changing page names is VERY easy.
You right click your page and go into the PAGE PROPERTIES to set your page names!
CSB3 and 4:  You type in the name of the page into the SHORT TITLE field. Page properties shown here 
CSB5:  You type in the name of the page into the FILE NAME field.
Page properties shown here 

So if you want the page to be named id39.htm, you would type in id39 into the field I listed above.

Your TransferTlx.txt file lists a LOT of page names that you will not have to work with.
"id39.htm",12783,-411392808    (MASTER PAGE)
"id39_l.htm",2341,1073841176     (LEFT frame)
"id39_t.htm",872,-671088986       (TOP frame)
"id39_b.htm",3342,1864600673     (BOTTOM frame)
"id39_m.htm",12389,-658502761     (MAP frame)

The only page name that you need to work with is the master page: id39.htm
The others are your FRAMED parts of your web page.
If you need these, CSB will make them for you and name them properly if you have named the master page correctly!
(Please go to the page I sent you to see for best explanation and pictures).

How do you keep your site intact as is while you build and test the new file?
Use a SUBDIRECTORY!
If you put just one simple change into your publishing details, you will be sending your new file to a test area of your website!   Read about subdirectories here.
SIMPLE! 
Just put the word test into the subdirectory field.
If you fill it with a word, you get a new subdirectory on your website!
The word test would give you the address:   h**p://www.iarfish.com/test/

If you leave that subdirectory field blank, it replaces your home page area that you have now.
When you are satisfied that the new file is ready, you can remove that word and it will publish to the main area of your site!

BY THE WAY, I really like the way you made your image gallery.
You might try to copy that table as one big piece to put it onto your new web page.  It might come in just fine in one copy/paste.  You will probably have to set your links again to open the large images.
If that page does not need to be updated, you can leave it AS IS and not make it again in your new CSB file.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:33:52 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »
Hi,
 Thank you Sami, very explicit, as usual  ;)

Well, it seems that I got a lot of work to do. Unfortunately I will have to do it between hours, the crash made me lost five working days and I still having to update a few data bases to keep working, not to mention the delay caused to my real work, the lures production.

I will be in touch, I’m sure there will be more than one question…

T

P.S.
Sami, definitely, the mail form on your home page DOESN’T WORK !!  :-\  it is not me!  :banghead:
I tried 100’s of times, even with a single word!    :(
Do you receive the privates?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 04:19:09 PM »
Will check out form tonight.
Has been working (get messages often from it) but maybe I need to update the script!
-Sam
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »
Sami,

Did you receive my last e-mails ?
I got "Not Read" message on all of them... :v8slap:

T

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 08:21:25 PM »
Many times I will have my email program open but not actively looking at anything.
May not even be at my computer!  Could have left the building.
The program will sometimes consider that I sat on a message long enough that IT considered that I read the message when in fact I did not know that it came in.  I don't like that program reporting to someone else that I received or read ANY email. I NEVER send "read" notices.  Have that option turned OFF in my email program.

Yes. I got messages from you.  Don't understand them but did get them  :D
Got one word by itself.  probably password. Ok.
The other email has strange email and user name codes that I do not understand.  :D
Only wanted them to help you test the settings.
But it does not matter now. Don't need them since you were able to get into your website space!

Testing form now....
1) from home...IE 7 form submitted fine
2) from work... IE 7 form submitted fine
3) from home...IE 6 form submitted fine on laptop
4) from work... FireFox 3.0.4 form submitted fine
5) from home...FireFox 3.0.4 form submitted fine

WORKING fine now.  Must have been a hiccup on the server itself.
Must have a real email address, must have a name in the name field.
Don't put email addressess in the text box
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:50:04 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 04:22:40 AM »
Sorry Sami,

...I NEVER send "read" notices.  Have that option turned OFF in my email program. Have that option turned OFF in my email program.

Well, some how, your program is sending back a negative answer...

Yes. I got messages from you.  Don't understand them but did get them  :D
Got one word by itself.  probably password. Ok.
The other email has strange email and user name codes that I do not understand.  :D

Since I couldn't use your secure message form, I decided to write you using normal (insecure) email and "encrypting" a little the text, assuming you will understand, since you know of what we were talking about.
Same reason for sending my password in a separate email, since it can not be "encrypted" in a text message.  :(

Testing form now....
1) from home...IE 7 form submitted fine
2) from work... IE 7 form submitted fine
3) from home...IE 6 form submitted fine on laptop
4) from work... FireFox 3.0.4 form submitted fine
5) from home...FireFox 3.0.4 form submitted fine

WORKING fine now.  Must have been a hiccup on the server itself.
Must have a real email address, must have a name in the name field.
Don't put email addressess in the text box

I could be a little behind, but not enough to not know how to fill three lines of text, specially if those lines are my name and addresses. I also had the precaution of NOT writing in the text area any email or URL nor "@" or "ftp". or ".it" or or ".com" or anything that could be taken as a malicious message.  >:D

You didn't test it from Italy...  ;)

:hearts:
T

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:29:54 AM by Tony41 »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »
I do have strict security on the form and sometimes copy/paste of address info can cause extra spaces, etc that can cause "suspicious activity". Also certain characters are blocked from use in the form.  They can signal inserted code that may be used by a spammer. I have gotten that myself sometimes.  And if there are extra characters in the address field (more than one address, etc). 

If I get a warning on a form, I close the browser and come back in so the browser does not remember last input. Sometimes that clears the invisible problem.

I promise that I am not blocking anything from Italy. 
I get forms submitted from Europe fairly often.
 ??? ??? ???
So I truly have no idea what is happening for you.

I believed you when you get a "Not Read" response.  I also have a Gmail account and have gotten that from my own personal email account.  :yes: during testing of some settings.  But in truth, I have my program set to not respond.  The act of not responding is a "not read response" to some email programs.

Yes.LOL..I knew you WHAT you were sending me in the emails.  :yes:  :D
But did not understand YOUR individual code.  ;)
 XXXXxxp.xxxxxxxxxxxxxsh  etc was confusing because I was not sure what do I keep, what do I delete....?
Use full name with . in between, or use no dot, use email addy, caps not caps, MANY variations on the main theme. 
But as I said, it doesn't matter since you got into your website.  I won't need to test!
 :)

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 03:01:45 PM »
Come on, Sami... it was not that difficult to understand !!... rofl rofl

If we are talking about FTP your site for example, since I know it is named "samisite" and you send me the "encrypted" word "xxp.xxxxxxte. c.o.m" it is not that intricate deduce that it means “ftp.samisite.com” . You wrote too many "x" on your post, on the words I mailed you I replaced each letter with “x” not one more, not one less.  :idea: rofl

Thast's why I sent the password in a separate mail, there wasn't any possibility of replacing letters... :noshake:

Well, anyway was a nice try and I enjoyed doing that... LOL

T

P.S.
By the way, I tried your form writing only Antonio in the text box area... ;)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 05:55:22 PM »
Though Gmail tells you I did not read the emails, I did read them.
And when I realized what they contained, I did not try to "solve" your login riddle.

it was not that difficult to understand !!...  

rofl  rofl  rofl    You have a lovely sense of humor!    :clapping:

You are right. The ftp is not difficult.   :v8slap:   rofl 
The user name is the confusing one since it was not in either email.  Of course I have a strong guess for it (same word before and after the character in the middle) but did not even try it since you could already get in.  Please do not confirm it here for safety sake.

You wrote too many "x" on your post
Yes.  Absolutely I did!   :yes:
Since I was posting on a public forum where anyone can read about it, I purposely distorted your encrypted code with extra x's and did not want to specify your user name as the questionable item.  Don't want anyone to try to figure it out as it should remain private.   >:D 

Ah well a little foolishness is good now and then!
... Been a good chuckle! LOL   rofl

I will look closely at my form on Saturday when I have more time. 
I will check to see if the word ANTONIO is a blocked word while I am checking for script updates! 
 >:D   

rofl

Have you considered trying to use a program like UNDELETE PLUS to see if anything remains of your files on the drives?  http://undelete-plus.com/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:14:37 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 02:15:47 PM »
UPDATE

Sorry Sami, I haven't read your last question till now...

I used GetDataBack with some success, I could save some files but not those related with the site   :'(

I have still not done anything about it. I have not had enough time to seat down and begin with the enormous work that represents to remake everything again.

I remembered that I still conserving my old computer (w/Win 98) where I use to work my site with CBS, and indeed there was an old copy (approx. one year old) with all pages and images of site for the time, but the strange thing is that there isn’t any  .tlx file (¿?) how come ?  ???

To be honest, regardless the lack of time, the truth is that I’m REALLY AFRAID  :ss-shocked: of touching something that is actually working fine on line…

I'll keep you informed.

T

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 05:57:09 PM »
Tony, no need to be afraid at all. As Sami mentioned in an earlier post, you can simply make a subdirectory, and publish all your new website there, until you are happy with it, then replace the original one with it.

Nobody will know the subdirectory is there, because only you will know the subdirectory name. For example, you can create a subdirectory called yourcurrentdomain/new_website. Publish all the new site to "new_website" folder on your server, which CSB will create for you. When you are entirely happy with the replacement site, just republish to the main public folder. This way, there is no risk at all. You can play around with the new site as long as you like, and only publish to the public folder when you are fully happy with it.

Let us know if you need help with subdirectories.
Rick
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 09:02:07 PM »
but the strange thing is that there isn’t any  .tlx file (¿?) how come ?
You did a search for *.tlx files on the C: drive?
They MIGHT be stored in a folder you don't remember.

Or you may have deleted them at some point thinking they are so old you would not need them.
Or MOVED them instead of copying them so they are not where they used to be.
Or if you used a CLEANER program it said you have not used these files in x period of time, we can delete them....
Lots of reasons for missing files.

Subdirectories are GREAT.  They help to split up big files, but they also make a great safety net.
Just checking ONE BOX and putting one thing into the subdirectory field before publishing allows you to work BEHIND your current website.  You do not have to REPLACE your current pages until YOU are ready!

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 02:35:50 AM »
Thank you Sami & Rick,

Yeah... you're wright, there is nothing to be afraid, I'll do that way.  :yes:

The little computer-time-free I had last week was spent remaking the graphics of the displays where I mount the lures I make (using Photoshop), those graphics were also lost and I need it urgently to reorder them.

Thank you again for your support.

T
 :)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 09:05:02 AM »
I understand your concern.  And fear / nerves.
That is why I told you to make a complete full backup of all the files/folders on your website like they are now so IF you goof, IF you make a mistake, you can always put the old copy BACK into place.  If you have that backup, you are free to move forward knowing that you will not BREAK anything without a way to fix it!  :yes:

Once I learned to use subdirectories, it made all the difference for testing and trying new things.  Made expanding sites easier and updating faster because your tlx file for each directory is smaller, more compact. Easier on your CSB and Windows programs to convert to html files.

We are here to coach and help if you need us!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
I begun... :unsure:

I will start a new one copying pages from the downloaded site.
Shoot the first question  :-[

Is there any way to copy and paste the HTML code in a blank page? I can get this code from my downloaded pages right clicking on the page and selecting "View source code" *??
 (*my OS is Italian, I'm not sure how it's written in English...)

Tks

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »
You can copy paste the HTML code into an HTML EDITOR then edit it there if you want.

BUT if you want to use CSB, don't paste the HTML code into your CSB page.
CSB is an HTML generator.  It writes its OWN html code for the page.

You can paste pieces of code into your CSB pages using INSERT HTML function, but you will have to manually edit anything you do that way.  This is great for Iframes, flash, inserted special things, but not for a whole web page.  Defeats the purpose of CSB.

If you want to still use CSB, don't look at the SOURCE for most of your content.
Use the web page to copy/paste portions of content.  Pieces of your web page at a time.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:17:19 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 05:32:06 PM »
Yes, I knew that... :( anyway I asked just in case there was some special method/trick that I didn't know...
Tks anyway, the good thing was the custom fields!! I never could understand for what they were used for, now I know... Great !!  :yes:

T

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 07:21:06 PM »
I will try to put a few more Quick Tips up.   Got 2 already.  If anyone wants to suggest one or make one.....
(added my link to earlier post)
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 08:45:05 AM »
After a failed intent to start from scratch – problems with page formats, page settings, tables,  etc – I decided to bring forward the 2006 tlx file rescued from the old PC, at least most of the pages are already set.  But… I’m now experiencing  problems with copy and paste from the pages downloaded. I’m getting this message:

Is there a special procedure to copy and paste from htm pages or from the on line web? Do I  have to temporarily save this images & tables before use them? Is not enough selecting the pics and click “copy image”?

???

:-\

If all pictures and text are within tables, how come I can’t copy the entire table to paste it on the new page?

T

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 09:34:10 AM »
If you have copied the web page files to your hard drive, you will be able to do an insert picture if necessary but lets see if we can speed that up!!!

Please tell us the page you are copying from, and which content you are getting this error on. 
If we can replicate the issue, we can advise best option.

GENERALLY speaking:
Usually you should make a fresh table in your tlx design file.  Then grab the contents of cells and paste into the new table.  Copying a WHOLE TABLE is not always possible, depending on content.

Also before adding NEW content to the old tlx file:
- Make a copy of it
- File save as and give it a new name so you have converted the file to the most current format
- Publish your file AS IS to a SUBDIRECTORY (check the box and put in a name for the subdirectory field)
- Begin to make your changes.

(I would have gone back to the old TLX file too and moved forward instead of full scratch!)
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 10:11:56 AM »

Please tell us the page you are copying from, and which content you are getting this error on. 
If we can replicate the issue, we can advise best option.

The Index page (home page) would be a good start. It has tables containing only images, tables containing, single images, isolated text, frames... everything. I will have to remake the entire home page (and most others), because the 2006 backup version is too old and is not updated, but basically, the page properties are +/- the same

P.S.
I'm not sure if you were asking me for the physical page address... ???  I suppose you know which is. I don't know if it is permitted to write it on the forum... :-\

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 03:49:19 PM »
Of course you can write your website page in the forum.  :yes:
You are not a spammer.  You are a legitimate member of this forum and we would most definitely allow your links!

Actually your site is linked every time you post (the little globe under your avatar) taking us to your home page.  But sometimes people talk about specific pages/issues.  That is why I asked where.

Sometimes it is best NOT to put in a link on a "problem" question. 
You can fool the search engines by h**p://..... the stars cancel the link. 
That way you can tell us a specific page without sending your visitors to see a discussion of your problems. ;)
I sometimes change links to that type post so it will not HURT the website asking for help.  :)

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 11:25:25 AM »
EMERGENCY POST/HELP !

Definitely, remake the site will take more time than I supposed. I couldn't even published my usual Christmas wishes on the home page...   :'(

But... (there is alway a but) I've got another problem... BIG problem. Due to the working days lost during the PC crash and an unexpected amount of orders received in those/this days, I encounter my self in a position of having to close the site until next year. Unfortunately, I think that I can't modify the home page just to inform my visitors about the closing, or can I do it?

The first method that came to my mind was to FTP to the server and rename the index page with "xxxxx" (any name). If that is possible, the visitors will just see a "Page not Found" message, wright? I wouldn't like this extreme action, because that would be a lack of respect towards my supporters and friends. Is it possible to FTP a single page with a message WITHOUT screwing up the entire site and loosing nothing that is actually there?

How would you solve this situation if you were in my case?

Help me please, orders still coming in and I don't know how to politeness reject them  :(

Thanks a lot anticipated for any help you can give.

T

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2008, 03:17:42 PM »
Tony, what you want to do is easy!

Firstly, using FTP, rename your existing index.html file on the server to something like index_old.html.

Then, create a new index.html file with the message you want to give. This can be both a Christmas message, as well as advising your customers that you cannot accept any more orders at the moment. You could also advise them that your site is undergoing reconstruction during the Christmas period.

It may be better to avoid using CSB to make sure you do not interfere with your existing website. You can make a simple index.html page using Word, and save it as html file by selecting "Save as web page". Then upload all the files using FTP. Name that file index.html.

If you do not feel comfortable making a new index.html, I am happy to do that for you with Dreamweaver. I could make that page look similar to your existing website. Then I would email all the files to you and you can upload them. Let me know.

Rick
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:22:53 PM by rickasaurus »

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »
That's great Rick!!! :hapscream:

I was afraid of using CSB because I was not sure if something would be changed with the existing files...

If you do not feel comfortable making a new index.html, I am happy to do that for you with Dreamweaver. I could make that page look similar to your existing website. Then I would email all the files to you and you can upload them. Let me know.

I think I didn't get this... (it's normal on me)...  :( :-[ but I would like to try! What about the message? will I be able to write a message on your Dreamweaver pages?

Please, don't pay to much attention making it look exactly the same, any page will be OK, may be with some Christmas allusion to have both problems solved  :clapping:

Thanks ;)

T

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 06:36:42 PM »
Rick....TERRIFIC IDEA!  That will be fine. 
Keep the rest of the site intact, with a Christmas message and a rebuild notice too. 

Renaming the current home page is perfect.
Then create a new one (any program that can make a web page will do).
You can make the page OR better yet, give Rick the language he needs to make a page for you!
He can send you the files to upload them to the site via FTP. 
You will still be able to visit pages inside your website but your home page will not send people to any other pages.
Your visitors to the HOME PAGE will see the temporary page.

BUT...there is something else!!! 
If you have incoming links from other websites that send people to specific pages on your site, they could still arrive on that page.  For example, if some website links to your how to order page h**p://www.iarfish.com/id22.htm instead of linking to your home page, that visitor WILL GO to that page!  They will not get the notice that the site is under renovation!

A temporary fix for that is to make a simple modification to current web page to put a stop sign saying Do Not Order, Site under revision, please go to home page for details.

You gave me access to your site to test it so I added an animated STOP sign to your web page for you with a simple statement in the image.  I can put your original page back anytime you want.  This is the first time I have ever modified someone's website without permission. I did it because your post sounded quite concerned.  I hope you do not mind that I made that animation and posted it.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 03:59:44 AM »
Tony, happy to do that for you!

All you need to do is give me in a Word document, the text content you want on the page, in any languages you want. Include anything you need: Christmas message, advice to customers about ordering etc.

It would be good if I can include your logo or other identifying pics from your website so that the temporary page has a visual link to your normal site. If so, just email those to me also. Or I can copy from your website if you give me the details.

I will send you back a finished page, have a look at it, then upload using FTP. If you want any changes, just let me know before you upload.

If you would like to go ahead, let me know and I will send you my email address in PM.

Rick

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 04:21:03 AM »
Perfect Rick, just let me know your email. Mine should be written on the left side of this post.

DID YOU SEE THE MODIFICATION MADE BY SAMI on the "How to Order" page" ??  :hapscream: :hapscream:  :clapping:

Sami, that was sim-ply-great !! (were did you get that Italian text??  :D :D) I appreciate that, it couldn't be better. Thank you, thank you very much.

I'm going to write down something right now to send you, Rick.

Rick: were (what continent) are you writing from that are awake at this time of the day?

T

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 05:11:59 AM »

Rick: were (what continent) are you writing from that are awake at this time of the day?

Rick,
I've got your country...  :yes:   >:D

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 05:37:14 AM »
Good detective work Tony! :clapping:

I sent you my email in PM.

Rick

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 09:34:18 AM »
Tony I am glad (and relieved) that you liked the STOP animation I did for you.   :)
Was nervous about it  :unsure:  since I did not have your permission to do it and never have done that before!!

I checked online for an italian stop sign to verify that it would be appropriate. The red/white STOP sign is used in quite a few countries now.

The translation came from My Favorite Web Tools area of the forum, reverso translation and dictionary.   I took my ENGLISH text and put it into the translator at reverso.  Then took the ITALIAN version and translated it back to ENGLISH to check the accuracy. And checked it at another translation site.  Looked pretty good so went with it.  The animation is basic but hopefully captures the attention to stop someone from ordering during this time.  After I made the animation, I simply added a couple lines of code to your existing page. repeating on the id22.htm and the middle frame page too: id22_m.htm. 

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:01:35 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 09:53:32 AM »
Thank you Sami, simple and easy............................. when you know how  :D

Reverso is a great help, I didn't know it. I tried some text samples and it did just good, sorry it doesn't have Spanish>Italian  :( I speak/write Italian +/- as I do with English. (like Tarzan...  :(  )

I'm now waiting for Rick's page, it will probably get here tomorrow due to his local time, he should be sleeping right now  :D :D :D

T

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2008, 01:06:26 PM »
Check out WORLDLINGO.com for an online translator that does spanish to italian:
h**p://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

I use several online translators. And all CAN work a little bit.  Some are really bad!
Remember to keep your sentences SHORT.  No compound sentences that ramble on (like I usually do!).
Simple phrases, simple statements have the best results.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 01:13:04 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »
Wordlingo sucks!!  :yuck: (is that a cuss word ?? :unsure: )  Sorry if it is.. pls, don't be afraid to correct me, is the only way to learn.  :yes:

In confront with Reverso is an Alpha Translation Program. People that can really speak different languages can said it. Translation from Spanish to Italian or English often (to not say always) gives incomprehensible results...  ??? the problem is that persons that don't know a bit of the language that is being translated can't do nothing about and have to take it for good.

T

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2008, 02:46:10 PM »
sucks is ok! sometimes that is the only word that fits!  rofl

I have had really BAD results from MANY translators:  Google, altavista, babelfish, worldlingo, intertran and some others I will not even visit again.

Yes....I have seen results that you mention.

I had a man from Denmark get a real hearty laugh from something I posted for him on a forum.  He basically told me that I was killing birds with words.  rofl  He had a GREAT sense of humor. But since he could not understand english, we had to take tiny baby steps.  We were able to resolve his situation using different translators and laughing alot along the way. Sometimes what HE wrote made me laugh till I cried.  Thank goodness none of it was insulting!   LOL As I said...SHORT phrases. Smple sentences with simple structures. 

I LOVE the idea that this tiny little website helps people world-wide!  AMAZING.  On a regular basis, i have visitors from USA, South Africa, Australia, Italy, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Netherlands, Japan....AND FAR MORE.   :boogie: :kickdancing: :boogie:  I NEVER would have guessed years ago that I could be a part of such a thing.  The world is getting smaller....words are blending into other cultures...
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2008, 01:20:34 AM »
Tony, your temporary website page is up and running! Hope you like it!

I made the changes you requested after the preview. I have changed the three languages to different colours - let me know if you like the colours or not. I also put the main heading in a table with border, which I think looks better. Overall, I tried to make the page with similar look and feel to your existing site (black background, bright colours etc).

As I said in email, if you would like any more changes, colours, etc, just let me know. It is easy to make changes.

When you are ready to change it back, just let me know and I will do it. If you want to have a go yourself, I sent you instructions in email.

Rick
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:29:59 AM by rickasaurus »

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2008, 07:01:44 AM »
What-about-that!! :hapscream:

What else can I ask from the life??  :boogie:
I knew I were in the right place with the right people... !!   ;)

Thanks Rick!! 

Back, to the original problem, Sami, any tip about copy and paste images and tables from the downloaded site to a new one?

Remember that I'm editing an old version with pages +/- already formatted and I'm getting the error message shown some posts above when trying to paste. The only way I could do it was selecting the image from the site (on line or downloaded), then temporarily  "saving as" and finally using the "Add Image" option of CSB. It's a long job but if I have to do it, I will; the problem is with tables. How can I copy and paste an entire table from a site ? better if copied with its contents, that would save a lot of time...

With the closing announcement on my home page, I've started a down counter clock... It's a race against time, I have time to rebuild the site till January 12th  :( so I have already begun to copy the "copyable" (?)

T

P.S.
Am I asking too much??  :unsure:
Come on  :P,   that will animate a little the forum !!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:08 AM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:  Nice Job Rick!   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
You are the man!

:idea: Can I suggest that the english version of the text say the Month Day, Year (ex: December 8, 2008 through January 12, 2009) instead of the 12-01-09?  For Americans, it appears to be August to December!  I am familiar with other date structures, but since the final language on the page is english, writing out the dates might be more clear to some visitors.

I will play tonight Tony and post my comments afterward..... See if I can come up with a good way to do what you want without losing the CSB abilities to maintain....No promises....I expect it will be a long tedious task.

But keep in mind....NOW is the perfect time to update the site as you rebuild. 
Adjust the things you wanted to adjust before and did not take the time to do it.
Have a different header graphic, etc  Small changes that make an impact visually.
That way, when people come back, they will see something fresh, a reason for the closing! 
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2008, 12:25:49 PM »

I will play tonight Tony and post my comments afterward.....  

You will play tonight...? ???   What that means??  :-[                           rofl rofl

..I expect it will be a long tedious task.

Well, it is already being... I've been seated for more that six hours, erasing my behind line... and I've done only part of home page... The twice copy&paste job has become a real pain...

But keep in mind....NOW is the perfect time to update the site as you rebuild.
Adjust the things you wanted to adjust before and did not take the time to do it.
Have a different header graphic, etc  Small changes that make an impact visually.
That way, when people come back, they will see something fresh, a reason for the closing!

:agree:

One thing my site needs are moving/dynamic images. I have always kept away of that kind for an unknown reason, may be because my lack of skill managing them. But now, I have an splendid & flashing STOP sign that somebody gave me  :clapping:  :boogie:

We will see as I go further... :yes: Your suggestions/ideas are welcome ;)

T