Author Topic: Email problems!  (Read 3472 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
    • "Practice drills for your Team"
Email problems!
« on: December 02, 2009, 02:32:36 PM »
Ok, about 8 years ago, this board recommended a product that I purchased called:  Account Manager Pro.
It has a built in "Mass Emailer" which allows me to send out a news letter and Blast my opt-in members with new produsts that we have to offer, for sale, on the web site.

Now, my hosting company (web.com) sent me an email to STOP send out massive amounts of email.  Although we have been send out the same stuff for the last 10 years, now we are ovre 3000 members and I can only send out 1000 emails a day and no more then 5000 a month. :banghead:

I have thought about these web companies that you can send out mass emailing, but it cost an arm and a leg to do this.
Is there a better way to send out a large amount of emails without getting my hand slapped? :help:

Head coach

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Email problems!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »
Most have limits that are imposed per hour/per day/month. This is to limit spamming accounts, keep their server off the "known spam" sites. Sending "Opted in" newsletters in smaller batches is usually acceptable as long as maximums are not reached. 

You may need to change to a different host to accomplish your monthly mailings.  Check around and send "pre sales" questions to a couple to find out what you can do.  Let them know exactly the numbers you gave us and how much you send out at a time and they will let you know if they can accommodate your needs.  FYI the hosts do not publically publish their limits.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
    • "Practice drills for your Team"
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
Thank you for the great advice.  I think I might have solved the problem.  I found a Virtual Private Server company (VPS) that will allow me to send out 5000 emails a day.  But I am having problems with them allowing a third party software company who makes my management software, into the VPS. 

Once we are up and running this should take care of the problem.
Thanks again

Head coach

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »
Sounds like you are on the right track.  Wanna share who the VPS company is in case any of us need it?
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )