Author Topic: Youtube video tutorials of note for XWD  (Read 4183 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Youtube video tutorials of note for XWD
« on: May 28, 2010, 10:19:45 PM »
XaraXhris has an excellent instruction for optimizing website images with XWD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQO77UxN3tM&feature=related

Creating tables using Xara Web Designer.  Manually drawing all your cells, then setting tabs for text....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTkggsBp_5Q&feature=related

(All of the videos from XaraXhris, XaraVideo, EggBram are all worthwhile!)
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Re: Youtube video tutorials of note for XWD
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 04:54:39 PM »
Thanks Sami, those links were very helpful.

There is an interesting video in XaraXhris showing how to enlarge breast size in a photo with XE!  >:D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:59:58 PM by rickasaurus »
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Youtube video tutorials of note for XWD
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:17:17 PM »
And I saw it, downloaded it and have tried it!   :TUP: I use firefox's add-on extension: Download Helper
Mine are quite full and need no enhancement (IRL or photo), but I took a photo off the web to try it.
The video actually is excellent for demonstrating some of the LIVE EFFECTS that are in Xara Xtreme that I often forget about since I still use Paint Shop Pro for those things.

I spent about 3 hours last night looking at those vids and trying techniques in XXP5.  OMG... The shortcuts I learned last night will save me gobs of time!!!

- One click copies
- reflections (quickly AND axis of symetry for truly symetrical objects)
- adding eyelashes
- healing images instead of clone tool
- live masks (I did not know how to keep the fill from expanding with the object till I watched the vid!)

XaraXHris has a GREAT Levels/Histogram explanation vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXf8Fg_G3r0&feature=channel
I learned about histogram with Paint Shop Pro but have never seen such a good demo, explanation of the usefulness of this tool in ANY photo program. Worth watching even if you understand the tool. Especially the quick color change at the end, removing the blue tint on a photo, restoring to proper colors (I had a bad camera that put an unnatural blue cast on all photos and had to correct each image so this example really hit home for me)

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )