Author Topic: CrossHair Mouse Cursor  (Read 7975 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • Big Cat Lover
CrossHair Mouse Cursor
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »
If you've got a large monitor and a lot of text to try and follow across the screen, a hotkey will convert your mouse cursor into a full-screen Crosshair cursor allowing you to underline the text you're reading. This is also extremely helpful in design work when trying to line up anything vertically. Hotkey again, and it restores your original mouse cursor. 

I find using Alt+~ as the Hotkey to toggle on and off works great. This is such a helpful little tool! :hearts:

CrossHair displays two full-screen lines intersecting your mouse cursor when you press a hot key. As you move the mouse cursor, the lines follow over  any program or window. The program is tiny, and runs completely transparently until you call up the crosshairs. It's useful for eyeballing any kind of chart or tabular data on screen, and for aligning objects in graphics or design applications.

h**p://www.mlin.net/CrossHair.shtml

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: CrossHair Mouse Cursor
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:32:36 AM »
I missed your post till tonight.  Thanks for sharing!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »
Thanks for sharing. This is really cool, especially for large spreadsheets too.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 11:45:31 PM »
I installed this on two machines in the office and mine at home.
Thanks for the tip.  Simple and elegant...I set my line to a semi-transparent purple (a very Sami color). 
Very useful tool! 
Besides large spreadsheets, I use it in fixed mode for graphics and publishing documents.  Like having a temporary guide line.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:14:13 AM »
Yes, this is so cool it should not be free! Thanks again for sharing Big Cat Lover!
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »
this sounds cool.. maybe I will find the time to check it out thanks.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment