Author Topic: Edges on boarders - using Trellix  (Read 19872 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
Edges on boarders - using Trellix
« on: March 22, 2008, 05:28:52 PM »
Hi,

I still use Trellix and love it. I'm always finding "new" things to try.

My most recent trial is trying to placed borders/edges on my top border. It shows up in the program, but when published it does not. Any idea why it won't show up?

I click:
Properties
Page area
Edge
Then adjust the width.

Like i mentioned, the borders/edges show up in the program, but do not publish to the site.
Thanks for any help.
Laura

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Edges on boarders - using Trellix
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:24:50 PM »
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! :kickdancing:

Until CSB5, that EDGE setting only appears in the program window.
It was a great device to help divide pages in the design window especially when the border and the page body are the same color.

CSB 5 finally made those edges publish.
So you can not adjust your settings in the version of the program you have to get the look of the edge.

BUT as with most things, Trellix does allow you to put an IMAGE into the background.  You can make an IMAGE that has an edge on it and tile it horizontally and get that look!

Example:  Put this image into the background of the top header, set the height of the top to 91 pixels and publish. You have an edge!  You can do it in a photo program quite easily, vertically or horizontally! 

Been doing it since version 2.1 Trellix!  And even though CSB 5 can publish an edge, it is NOT a 3d look like you see in this image.  It is a flat line. So this technique still comes in handy!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:30:27 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• ???
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 09:03:37 AM »
Thanks for the explanation and suggestion!

I appreciate it!
Laura

P.S. I love your site. It's very helpful!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 11:28:52 AM »
Glad it is still of use!  Need to update many things but really have to find the time.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )