Author Topic: Unable to install CSB5 on Win7 Pro computer  (Read 3145 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
Unable to install CSB5 on Win7 Pro computer
« on: April 17, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »
I posted this in the Introductions section of the forum, which probably was the wrong place, so I'm re-posting it here in the hope that it will get some helpful responses (it got no responses in Introductions).

I originally built my website using Trellix Web, which came with an old computer.  When I found myself unable to do certain things with Trellix I bit the bullet and bought CSB 5.0 just before Globalscape discontinued support for it.

It installed and ran just fine on my old XP Pro computer (which I no longer have), but it will NOT install on my Win7 Pro computer.  The information presented in Drogo's "can't install CSB5" post doesn't apply, as I'm not trying to move CSB from one computer to another ... I'm attempting an initial installation.

Installation goes smoothly until it reaches the 5% point (Copying file: C:\Windows\system32\ati.dll), at which point it stops and I get the following error message:

"The file 'C:\Windows\system32\ati.dll' could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory."

The hard drive has plenty of available space and I do have access to the destination directory.

There are several ati.dll files of varying sizes on my computer.  Working in Windows Safe Mode I renamed the original ati.dll file ati.dll.old and copied each of the others to the system32 folder, attempting to install CSB after each one was copied.  I got the error message each time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Re: Unable to install CSB5 on Win7 Pro computer
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 05:00:01 PM »
I am sorry that you did not get a reply yet. Unfortunately, there are not too many people still familiar with CSB issues these days. Our resident expert, Sami, is unavailable at the moment. Hopefully she will be able to respond to you soon.
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
Re: Unable to install CSB5 on Win7 Pro computer
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:40:47 AM »
I think I've found the reason why CSB 5 won't install on my Win7 Pro system.  I neglected to mention in my OP that I'm running the 64 bit version of Win7 Pro, and I just learned that it can't install or run 16 bit programs.  I haven't been able to confirm that CSB 5 is, in fact, 16 bit, but that seems to be the most reasonable explanation.

I'm also running virtual XP Pro SP3 on my Win7 system, and yesterday, just out of curiosity, I tried installing CSB 5 on the virtual side, and the installation was successful. :)  Now, to see if I can do some work on my website.