Author Topic: Thumbnail pictures on side  (Read 5046 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
Thumbnail pictures on side
« on: January 19, 2009, 05:37:28 PM »
Hi all,  I load pictures, rotate them right way up as required but some still appear 'on their side' when viewed as thumbnail pictures on the web-page although they turn 'right way up' when viewed full screen. Any ideas how I can get them right way up as thumbnails, what's the problem? What have I missed?
Thanks, Tez

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Thumbnail pictures on side
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
Are you saving your images in the same direction as how you want them shown on the web?
Then loading that saved photo into CSB?
The image will load to the web just as you see it in the CSB design window.

Can we see your web page?
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 05:01:12 AM »
This can get confusing. I had the same problem a while back and couldn't figure it out. In IE7 the pictures were Okay, but in FF they were @90 degrees. I had my FF window dimension set to 1014x768 (typo, it should have been 1024x768) whilst the IE7 window was maximized. So note that in a few cases depending on the frame settings and software, the browser can turn the picture to its saved format, if it does not fit.

The best is to save the image as it should appear before adding it to a page as Sami said.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 08:24:48 AM »
If you want to look, one of the pages in question is
manortheatrehorsham.co.uk/the_opposite_sex.htm
from
manortheatrehorsham.co.uk/other_activities.htm
(it's an amateur theatre company)
Thanks for your help.
Tez
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:42:06 AM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 10:03:48 AM »
They are rotated on both IE & FF.

Try this:
Edit your sided pictures, save them upright, then insert on page upright and finally load to server upright.

There is no way to show up rotated when open the page...

T
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »
I looked at the code and although it looks perfect, i.e. showing the images as 120 by 80, the portrait pictures are turned because that is how they must have been inserted in the CSB page (of your .tlx file). They should be saved in the correct orientation before being inserted in the CSB page. The portrait oriented images seem to require a space of 80 by 120, not 120 by 80. One can open the original image in e.g. MS Paint, rotate it + or - 90 degrees and then save it. Give them another name if you want to keep the originals. Then insert them in the CSB page and they should appear correctly in your browser.

While I was typing Tony posted. He is correct. Save them upright to your folder and then insert them in the CSB page.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »
You can use a photo program to rotate your images.

OR you can simply rotate and save the image in the right direction in Windows Explorer.
Set your VIEW to THUMBNAILS. 
Select the images that need to be rotated (hold CTRL button to pick and choose several images).
You can do the same thing from Windows Explorer. Right click on any
Right click and image
Choose rotate clockwise or counter clockwise.
The option is limited to 90 degees turns.

Now you can put those images into CSB in the correct direction.
I ditto the advice above. CSB will not change the orientation of the inserted image.  If it has not been saved in the vertical position, it will not load into CSB in the vertical position.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )