Author Topic: Lost one of my dogs this week  (Read 3704 times)

Offline hidden

Lost one of my dogs this week
« on: May 17, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »
I am fairly new around here but some of you know that I run a kennel specializing in English Pointers.  Well I lost one of my best males last week  :'( His name was Ruffy and he had such a wonderful disposition and personality.  He sired many a beautiful puppy in his days and I will miss him dearly.  Sometimes I think life is not fair your pets i.e. your best friends should have such a short life.  My pet cemetery has grown to 10 graves since I started raising dogs and I shed a tear everytime I mow.  If fact I talk to them while I cut the grass and run  the weed eater there is always a place in my heart for all my dogs.  Well I just know that there are a lot of animal lovers on this site and I needed to "talk" to people I know who care.

Thank you and God Bless
Jim
a.k.a. Pointerman

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Lost one of my dogs this week
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:11:23 AM »
 :hug: Consider yourself hugged.  :hug:

It is so hard to lose one of our special companions. I wish dogs and cats lived longer like parrots so we could have our companions with us a lifetime. Each time I lose one it feels like a piece of me is gone too. Yet they have given me so much that I can not help but get another to share my life.

Like you I talk to my pets when I go into the back yard since I have 3 (2 cats and a rabbit) buried there. The back corner where my cats are buried is surrounded in amaryllis bulbs (around 20 of them) that come up in spring and I have azaleas and other flora nearby.  My buds used to love to sniff the flowers so I made sure they are surrounded by them several times a year. It's the only thing I can do for them now.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 10:40:20 AM »
I too have flowers planted, I have limestone markers for each dog and small metal dog statues scattered around and I have a small white picket fence surrounding it all.  My dogs are special to me and deserve a special place to rest.
Thanks Sami,
Jim

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 04:06:08 PM »
I am sorry for your loss and am a dog (and cat) lover too. Thanks to folks like you, their stay on planet earth is made happy and comfortable.
:dogwalksm: Ed