Author Topic: Background size  (Read 3104 times)

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
Background size
« on: January 05, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
Hi, I've being searching, but couldn't find any hint...

How can I make the black background to be entirely black no matter the viewer's screen size?
When viewed on a wide screen, my site shows a white column on the right (don't have right margin)

Thank you for your help.
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Background size
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:48:42 PM »
Yes..  That has been around RANDOMLY since CSB 3.

It was listed under the "known issues" that we were trying to get Globalscape to fix for version 5.
With as many pages as you have, I am surprised you have not had the problem before!

Read about it here:  http://www.samisite.com/publish/id84.htm#whitespace

Most important part of instruction from that page:
1) Preview or publish your page as usual.
2) Open up the source code to see what CSB/Trellix has generated.  On the Internet Explorer toolbar, choose View > Source.  Look for your background settings near the top of the source code. 
3) Using the background color and/or the background image that is listed in the source code, make a css style code to match, mine is shown below.  Place your code into an insert > HTML (or webgem in Trellix).

Code: [Select]
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body
{
background-image: url(4028ca03.jpg);
background-color: #FFFBF0
}
-->
</style>

4) Publish again.  WHITE SPACE may be gone.    WITHOUT FRAMES:  mixed results
No borders OR Borders same color as body:  the color you place for body replaces the ALL the white area resolving issue.
Borders different color than body:  the color you place for body replaces the ALL the white area, even if your Top border is a different color!  So your top border will not go all the way across the page  when this FIX is put in place, but at least the rest of the white space is gone.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
... I am surprised you have not had the problem before!

I just changed my monitor for a wider one   :D

Just two clarifications:

- What to do with original background generated code?
- Where in the source code has to be inserted the HTML?
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 06:16:29 PM »
Congratulations on the bigger monitor!  :clapping: 
My second monitor is a small 17inch external plugged into the laptop

CSB will not allow us to EDIT the code directly.  Any changes that you make will be erased the next time CSB makes an update to that page.  So, you leave the original code like it is.

And you insert a NEW piece of code that will override the CSB setting near top of the page.
In CSB3 and 4 I used an INSERT HTML to hold my new CSS code.  Since this loads after your CSB setting, it basically "corrects" the error made by CSB.
In CSB5 you can still use an insert HTML to hold your code just like normal.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:23:02 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )