Author Topic: problem publishing my current saved update to CSB  (Read 2997 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
problem publishing my current saved update to CSB
« on: January 12, 2014, 12:40:35 PM »
First I should mention that my old computer went bye bye and the webpage and all my info was put onto my new computer.  With the help of you Q&A section I was able to help the techs transfer my website, CSB, and Cute7 FTP7 Home.  I have update my info and when I tried to publish, it did not publish my current saved info.  I am not only dealing with the move of everything, but also Windows 8.  I think maybe it has something to do with the file name it was saved under and then what it is saving when I hit publish.  Not sure though!!  Looks like my new work is saved as lowellgardenclub2013.tlx, I also noticed one spot that had C drive, then Smutniak family, then the name.  These things are all different than how it was before.  Before it was just lowellgardenclub.tlx   I tried saving that way, and hit publish, and it says I am not changing anything.  Yikes, I need help!!!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: problem publishing my current saved update to CSB
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 06:43:53 PM »
The name of the file does not matter.  MyFile.txt can contain Same info as MyFile2013.tlx and both can publish to same site.  I add huge name into the file (main-01-12-2014.tlx and change the name/date each time I publish. Makes it easy to find my newest version, while compacting the file to keep it  lean and tight.

But only one can be the last known publish file. CSB remembers the file name you last used, the location you last published to, and what those pages look like. CSB creates an index sheet each time it publishes and compares your current file to the last one. If different, you get a warning. If everything but the name has stayed the same, it will tell you there are no changes.

Try making a tiny change (add a phrase to one page), then try to publish.
If you get an error, please take a pic or write it down and tell us.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »
thank you Samrc for your help, I went in and changed one little thing, then saved and hit publish.  It went through the whole publish step, then as always ask if I wanted to view my website.  When I viewed, it still has the old info, not my new info that I updated.  I also went to my site by just typing in the web address, still same thing...my old info is there, not my updates!  Still need help  ???

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:46:29 PM »
At the top of my updated work, it has
C:\users\Smutniak Family\links\webpage\lowellgardenclub2013.tlx    I am sure a lot of that was not there, before I got the new computer.  I think it was just C:\lowellgardenclub.com    for sure users\Smutniak Family was not there.  I know just enough to be dangerous, so don't laugh if I call this by the wrong name, but is this the path and would it matter that it is different now?  Gee I just don't understand why the whole thing publishes, but when I look it is still my old info not my new! 

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:10:17 PM »
Just another thought,  could something have been set up not quite right, by the techs that moved my website from the old computer to the new computer?  This is the first time I have tried to make an update to my website since that move. 

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 03:21:09 PM »
I still need help...anyone???!!!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 12:41:23 AM »
Man bad internet connection and thousands of spam posts made me lose track of this situation.
I am sorry for the delay in responding.

For anyone reading this thread, the site is being updated fine now.  :TUP:
All settings checked and FTP used to verify content. 
And site is being built and updated with CSB on Windows 8!   :hapscream:  :kickdancing:  :hapscream:  :clapping:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )