Author Topic: Alan Rickman has such a wonderful voice!  (Read 3867 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Alan Rickman has such a wonderful voice!
« on: December 30, 2007, 05:07:22 PM »
Alan Rickman is SNAPE in the Harry Potter movies for most folks. 
(Looking forward to the last movie. He will have a very strong part of it!  :boogie: :boogie:)
But for long-term fans, he caught our attention long before that!

He has the ability to steal a scene quietly and seemingly with very little effort with his expressions, mannerisms, and tonal qualities of his voice.  Sense and Sensibility (Jane Austin) movie he played the Colonel so beautifully, he is heartbreakingly honest in his portrayal of a man in love with someone that can not see him that way (he ends up with her eventually).  He played a wonderfully wicked sheriff on Nottingham in Robin Hood ... and far more....

I was given a gift certificate for Amazon.com for Christmas.  I used it to get an audio book that Mr Rickman narrated. Reviews are 5 stars for the story and his reading. I found a sample of the book on another site and oh my! Looking so forward to having that richly timbered voice speaking softly into my ear for hours!   (But then again, he could read me the cereal box and melt my heart... >:D)
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )