Author Topic: my newest batch of Babies  (Read 3915 times)

Offline hidden

my newest batch of Babies
« on: May 03, 2011, 02:07:02 PM »
Here is a picture of my newest litter at 10 days old Miss Spice had 8 puppies and all are doing well.  Spice is a very good mother.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: my newest batch of Babies
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »
They are so adorable!
Is that Spice at the top of the picture atching over her pups?
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:15:14 AM »
No Sami that is Elmer he is our rescue dog and he absolutely loves the puppies he watches over every litter we have.  And he is very protective of them you wuld think he was thier mother.  Here is a picture of Spice and the litter a day after they were born.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:03:09 PM »
Growing up, we had a dog that took care of our 3-legged cat's kittens.  Sharing the responsibilities with the mother, he would take them to litter box, wash them, everything but nurse them. The mother cat and the dog got along great!

With a litter that size Spice will be a tired mommy!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:50:30 AM »
Spice is a great mother but we have started feeding then "mush" already to lighten the load on her she is not a very big dog.  The puppies love the "mush" they are in it about as much time as they eat it they will be weaned in about 10 days.  Boy I love puppies!!  I am glad you enjoy the pictures I know you are an animal lover just like me.
Jim

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
I do love cats and dogs and rabbits as pets.  
They are companions, making life's trials a bit easier to handle.
I usually end up with cast-offs, ferals, non-pure breds, mutts. But do have exceptions.
One bunny came from a great breeder who was careful with her stock.
She was bred for markings and personality and was terrific!
But one of my cats (a gorgeous pure RagDoll) was so inbred she went loopy.  
So sweet and funny, but tragic ending for her.
I really respect breeders that do it right, caring for the family lines AND the animals, not just the $.
-Samantha