Author Topic: Link text - Must they be underlined?  (Read 4989 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
Link text - Must they be underlined?
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:12:05 PM »
Is there a way to make a link using a short text line (or business name) without having it underlined?  I'm currently making a list of links on one of my pages and feel it would look cleaner (and easier to read) if there wasn't a line under each name. I would just like to do a rollover and have the text change color so people can see it's indeed a link.  Thanks!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Link text - Must they be underlined?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:52:09 AM »
Which version of CSB are you using?
There are different techniques for different versions of CSB.

CSB3 and 4, use inserted code.
Visit this page for the code you need.  Go to column 3.

CSB5:
View this page for TONS of new link styles.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »
Thanks, I'll check it out. I have CSB5. Because I had the "thick" (printed out) user manual from CSB4 I didn't print out the CSB5. Is there still a link for the upgraded manual?   :thankyousign:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 01:27:30 PM »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• ???
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 11:07:20 PM »
No manual for CSB5.  Many features are the same.  Some are not.
Check out all of my DEMOS and descriptions for all the CSB 5 changes here.

And for further reference, GlobalSCAPE has the online user guide.

I have the same issue. I looked through your pages but didn't see how to make a regular link not be underlined. Is there a way?

Thanks.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 12:39:06 AM »
In a previous post I gave the links to the settings.  You did not mention which version of the program you are using so I will repeat BOTH again:

In CSB5, you can change several settings in the page properties.  I provided several screenshots on that page I was sending you to see, including one that removes underline.

In CSB4 and CSB3 has no way to do it automatically like CSB5. It requires a separate simple code be placed at the top of the page (inside an INSERT HTML block).  The code will cancel the underline for ALL links on the page.  The code is given in column 3 on the page I mentioned before.

If you want to have ONE link on a page that does not have underline, your link must be inserted manually using code.  CSB can not turn off underline for individual links.  Every link setting is for the ENTIRE page at a time.
-Samantha