Author Topic: AdSense Transparent backgrounds  (Read 8542 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
    • "Practice drills for your Team"
AdSense Transparent backgrounds
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »
Ok, I have added Google ad sense to my site.  However, I have noticed several sites around the internet that have Google ad-sense and the backgrounds are transparent so you can see the custom background and not just the white areas.

Is there a way to add coding to make the white go away and add the background texture?

You will be able to see what I am talking about on my home page: www.passthepuck.net

Thanks for your help in advance.
Headcoach
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 02:28:07 PM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: AdSense Transparent backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 02:21:04 PM »
Visit this page.  Excellent instruction for BLENDING your ads to the page.
http://generating-revenue-from-your-site.blogspot.com/2007/03/blending-colors-of-your-advertisement.html

At this time there is no setting for TRANSPARENT.  If you have seen sites like that, they have actually set the ad to have a matching background color.

Changing the code that Google serves you to try to implement a transparent appearance (ie: adding a transparent.gif image for background) can be considered going against Google's Terms of Service (TOS) and could get you banned.

from Google policies: h**ps://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=9997&topic=8425

Can I alter the AdSense ad code?

Our program policies do not permit the modification of the AdSense code. Your publisher account offers a number of options when generating the ad code, that we hope will allow you to create an ad layout that fits in with your site.

Please paste the AdSense ad code into your webpages without making any modifications.

ALSO OF INTEREST from this page:
h**ps://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=9737&topic=8425

Can I open the ads in a new window?

We understand the importance of maintaining the quality of your site and your site's user experience. However, at this time we do not have an option to open Google ads in a new browser window. Please do not modify the AdSense ad code or alter the result of clicking on an ad on your website, as this is against our program policies.

Moved this thread to ECOMMERCE SECTION for better organization and added ADSENSE to the SUBJECT.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 02:28:46 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 06:34:16 PM »
i saw this used on an ad click recently and although I didn't particularly like it - it was an interesting work around. The site placed a transparent gif over the google ads and clicking that openened a new browser where the now directly clickable ad repeated itself and there were a few other ads on the page as well. It served to open the google ads in a separate browser.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:43:17 PM »
Careful of such things... That is NOT allowed by Google and they reserve the right to ban improper use.  They also do not approve of their ads on the same page as other tower type ads. 

A friend of mine uses kanoodle.com instead because he gets better returns and they treat him/his site better.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )