Author Topic: can not find picture properties  (Read 4057 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
can not find picture properties
« on: May 20, 2007, 11:18:10 PM »
This is what the help section says about picture properties on cute sitebuilder 5
View or set picture properties

You can view or set properties for a picture in the Image Properties dialog box. The way you display this dialog box depends on whether the picture has been added in text in a page area, in the background of a page area, or as a map element.

1. If the picture has been added in text in a page area, double-click the picture.

2. On the General tab, you can view the following information about the picture

But when I double click on a picture in my page area I dont get any tabs just a browse and insert thing with an alt text box no info like it is suposed to have. So what the. Can anyone help?

Thanks Graham.
  :banghead: :'(

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: can not find picture properties
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 11:29:21 PM »
Double click works.
But like most programs, if you RIGHT click on something you get a menu.  Same in this case.
In your tlx design file in CSB, right click the image, choose PROPERTIES.
Please look at this page about making ROLLOVER titles on images that show up in both IE and FIREFOX, for use with or without a link.

browse and insert thing with an alt text box no info like it is suposed to have

That GENERAL tab has all the image info you could want.  For example, I double clicked on one of my little purple arrows in the PHOTO subdirectory. After I inserted that arrow into a web page, I have just continued to copy/paste the same image throughout the design file.  This shows in the box on the GENERAL TAB:

Image Width:   9 pixels
Image Height:    10 pixels
Image Identifier:    549
No. of Times Used:    29

Image Color Depth:  8 bits/pixel
File Color Depth     8 bits/pixel

Image Type:   PIC2a
Source Path:   
Original File Size:   120
Size in Doc:       957
Dib Memory Size:   1184

I can resize the image, reset transparency (on a gif image), crop it, add a rollover title if I want....
Just what else are you expecting to find?

No, you can not set the BORDER on an image or Frame it if that is what you expected.  Never was an option in CSB.
But you can do it manually.  Take a look at this page for information about PHOTO BORDERS.

You can also set other overall/global photo options in CSB by choosing TOOLS, OPTIONS.  How much to optimize images, set max size of image, lots of things.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:41:36 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:03:25 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to answer me but  :kickdancing:I dont think you got what I was saying. I said that there is no general tab with any info. I did figure it out though, the problem was that the picture I inserted was drawn by myself in some art program and for some reason it dosnt work like a normal picture. I put another pic there to experiment and it works.

Thanks Graham.

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 07:22:56 AM »
Hey one other thing, that drawing I did which is on my site does not change size automatically with different screen resolutions so it it can be the wrong size and stuffs up how the page looks. How do you fix that?   :(

Graham.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 09:19:13 AM »
Pictures do no resize based on browsers in CSB pages.
That is not an issue of your handdrawn image, but all images.

Are you using the image in a table?
Or as a background?
In CSB, our best friends are tables for maintaining overall design and shape.
And in CSB5, you can set the tables to expand with different screen sizes, but that will not make the IMAGES change size. 
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 04:14:47 AM »
I have not as yet made friends with Mr Tables so I better introduce myself to him. Thanks for your help, I must say your site is really very helpful.

Thanks again Graham.  :yes:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 11:51:52 AM »
Tables are our friends in CSB.  They corral wandering images and makes pages more consistent.

DEFINITELY check out the CSB 5 tables page for the new features and best way to use them, noted above.
But also check out this page for some basics.
And also click the TABLE 3 link at the top of that page to see a short demo of how to adjust table sizes.
-Samantha