Author Topic: cutesite has detected a problem with this image  (Read 3045 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
cutesite has detected a problem with this image
« on: September 23, 2007, 09:13:43 PM »
I tried starting a new website using csb4 but whenever i try to insert a picture from file it tells me cutesite has detected a problem with this image any ideas

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: cutesite has detected a problem with this image
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 01:21:12 PM »
Check the format of the image BEFORE you insert it.  Could be that you are not using something that CSB can read.

You will need a GIF or a regular JPG (not lossless) as preferred formats for CSB.
If you try to insert a format that CSB does not recognize or is too big, CSB gets tangled up with it.
Also, you should be preparing your images OUTSIDE of CSB for implementation.
Make sure you OPTIMIZE and reduce the quality of the image.
You can not put in a 2mb image file directly from a digital camera and expect CSB to handle it for you.

WEBPAGE IMAGES:
1) Always remember to limit the image size for the web! Check the size of your finished image.  Images should be "optimized so that they load faster.  Images should be between 1kb and 60kb in size (smaller is good as long as the quality remains!).  When you insert images that are not optimized, the webpage will load VERY SLOWLY!  Most Photo programs have a compression/optimize/make ready for website feature.  Try your HELP section in the program.   Consider Irfanview as a quick remedy-photo viewer with some great features and good compression.

2) Don't expect the image "resize" feature to optimze your image! If you load a 2mb image into the webpage and use the resize feature to make the image smaller on the webpage, your visitor still has to wait for 2mb to load.  Work on your photo before it makes it to your webpage!

3) Don't take images that are not yours unless it is posted that you can do so!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )