Author Topic: Browsers! Firefox displaying Flash swf smaller than set-up...  (Read 4853 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
Browsers! Firefox displaying Flash swf smaller than set-up...
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:20:19 PM »
I know browsers have different probs with some things, but I've run into a new one. I use MS Explorer and my Flash slideshow opens up in the parameters I've set in the Flash program - fine and dandy. However, my husband's Firefox browser makes the flash window small. Can anyone tell me how to make the Flash window appear the way I've meant it to appear for all those Mozilla people out there?  I've asked two tech types here close to home and they seem to think the answer is in the web building program.  Thanks again.

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Browsers! Firefox displaying Flash swf smaller than set-up...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:03:58 PM »
Hi, I assume you are using CSB - I built a flash file on another site builder and just took a look at it in Explorer and Firefox. It looks the same - so maybe it is the program. Sorry, I can't refer you to it for reference it being a private site, but maybe find another flash file somewhere and look at it with both browsers to confirm this. At least then if both show up differently as it has for your file, you will know that it may not be program related.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:37:16 PM »
I'm using CSB5. I'm wondering if the problem is with the Flash program, or if there is something I need to do within CSB. The support reply I received from the Flash program people wasn't helpful. He said something about it being a "Dreamweaver or Frontpage..." problem. That's why I was wondering if there is something I should be doing within CSB (though I suspect it's an HTML issue). Forgive me, but I am still learning my way around all this :-)

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 08:46:49 AM »
Did you check other flash files in the same two browsers to see if they also look different - that will tell you if it is something about how you inserted it or the browsers.

When you inserted the file did you maybe choose under the Appearance tab down under the size options to keep an aspect ratio? If so try unclicking that.

Or if you didn't click it try clicking it and set it in either pixels or percentage (or both if one doesn't work) and see if that helps.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 10:07:07 AM »
Please use METHOD 2 as shown on this page to insert your FLASH into your CSB page.
This method works in Trellix and all versions of CSB.
Method 2 is the most reliable and consistent.  Upload the FLASH piece to your website using FTP or your file manager (if your host has an upload feature in the control panel).
Place your code, generated by the program that creates the FLASH piece is put into an INSERT HTML box.
The code will have a predetermined size x pixels by x pixels.  If your code is missing that parameter, you will have inconsistent results.  When you look at my samples page in IE and FF they are the same for Method 1 and 2.

I recommend that you do not use the CSB FLASH module available in CSB5. Buggy and MAY be the cause of the problem.

ALSO...
Please see this thread about how to get rid of the dreaded click to activate in IE when flash is used.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:16:01 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 10:25:32 AM »
Marielle,
I have had the same problem but found that a FF setting was set incorrectly. FF can be set in may more ways the IE. See menu in FF which should be set to basic page style - Menu>View>Page Style>Basic Page Style. If it is set to No Style then the flash is tiny.
Etienne
:dogwalksm: Ed