Author Topic: BACK Button or Link on a Page Layout  (Read 3584 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
BACK Button or Link on a Page Layout
« on: May 15, 2010, 03:10:07 PM »
I have a Page Layout that has no links on it, even to the home page. It is designed for pages that are sub-pages of other pages. When the user clicks a link on the "other" page, he/she comes to the sub-page with this layout. The sub-page sits off by itself -- it isn't on any sequences, etc.

I want it so the only thing they can do from the sub-page is to go back to the original "other" page.

Sharp users can just use their browser's BACK button to return. I'd like to put a BACK button or link on the sub-page, to make it easier for them to do what they have to do.

How do I do it?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: BACK Button or Link on a Page Layout
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:15:12 PM »
USING CSB built in:
1) Easiest: You can type the word BACK and link using the SELECTION of a page on the map, or using the drop down to choose a CSB web page to link to the specific page you want as destination.

OR:
2) You can type the word BACK and use URL type link to define the destination page address for the back.

USING CODE and Insert HTML in CSB:
These options do not define specific pages, only to go back one page, what ever it is.
1) Grab the following code to create a back button, and insert HTML in CSB
Code: [Select]
<input type=button value="Back" onClick="history.go(-1)">Click this page to see the button in use on my COLOR page:
http://www.samisite.com/color/ and click the link to see the "NAMED COLORS are shown here" to jump to the section with the BACK button which will send you back to the last loaded page (which was at the top of the page)

OR:
2) Use this text link code:
Code: [Select]
<a href="#" onClick="history.go(-1)">Back</a>
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 04:23:57 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )