Author Topic: Playing cards but not in the ordinary way  (Read 4674 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Playing cards but not in the ordinary way
« on: September 29, 2007, 07:44:11 PM »
Went to play cards with friends last night to blow off some steam after an exhausting week.
Most people get an image of friends with drinks around a table and a basically quiet evening of entertainment.

NOPE!

If you ever get a chance to play a card game called PIT, beware >:D.
It is fast-paced, loud, hilarious and caused gutbusting laughter from all of us. I got cramps in the diaphram, was crying and couldn't breathe and nearly peed my pants laughing so hard.  rofl rofl   Everyone had the same experience!  We played till we were hoarse and hurting. I lost of course but had a wonderful time doing it.   :clapping: 

Pit, the fast-paced card game from Parker Brothers, has been a top performer since its introduction way back in 1904. With all the ups and downs, desperate deals, and nonstop action of an actual trading floor, this lively game offers great fun without risking the family fortune. The rules are simple: Deal the cards, wait for the opening bell, scream and trade like crazy, be the first to corner a specific market (nine cards of the same suit), and ring the closing bell. Sounds pretty realistic, doesn't it? Once you've got the basic game mastered, try throwing Bull and Bear cards into the mix--that's when things get really interesting!
Pit comes neatly boxed with a set of durable game cards, instructions, and a heavy-duty metal bell that's great for slamming. There are rules included for a silent bidding version of the game, but jumping up and down, gesticulating wildly, and shouting yourself hoarse is half the fun.

The other half of the night I was trying to wrap my very tired mind around a new card game that was being introduced. This time it was a more traditional deal, draw discard type game but each hand was different. I had 3 unbelievably great hands and actually ended up winning the game! No skill on that one. Pure Luck.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )