Author Topic: Colour Matching - What Do I Do First?  (Read 3157 times)

MarieOxen

Colour Matching - What Do I Do First?
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »
Ok so I know the colours I want for my wedding, but what do I do first? Do I choose the suits then find a bridesmaid dress to match, or do I choose the bridesmaid dress and then find suits. I have already seen a suit I like. It's has a coloured cravat, with the colour incorporated through the waistcoat. I'm just worried I won't find a colour to match and we will all end up clashing. And I wonder will the suit hire place give me a colour sample to work off.

Thanks in advance...

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Colour Matching - What Do I Do First?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 08:19:11 AM »
The colors for a wedding are personal and heartfelt.  
They should make you feel good.  Make you smile.
Choose your main tone then work outward from there.

If you have found a cravat with a suit that fits your tone/mood for the wedding, use it.  Don't try to MATCH the color with your bridesmaids dresses.  Find a complimentary tone.  Too much matchy matchy is not interesting anyway.  Yes, most suit people will allow you to "borrow" a piece for a day or two with a slight deposit.

(Though I LOVE purple, there was none to be seen on my wedding day.)

note: I left your post intact, but removed the links to your business in the signature.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:07:56 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )