General Category > Critter Central

Sam's ongoing cat story..... (renamed topic)

(1/13) > >>

Samrc:
Been a crummy day...Among several things, including receiving depressing news three ,

A very minor, insignificant storm with very high gusts of winds today took down part of a red blackjack oak tree, blocking my back door and taking down trim around the screenroom. That oak and another in the back yard need to immediately be taken down. The other one is now leaning at a 50 degree angle, ready to take out my bedroom with the next storm!  I expect it'll run me close to $1000 to have them taken down and hauled off...

Then my favorite, 16 year-old cat peed a quart of liquid on the living room carpet directly in front of me.   She is normally fastidious so this is ATYPICAL behavior. Have to take her to vet 1st thing tomorrow. Fingers crossed that she has something that can be identified (not just a mental change due to age) like a mild infection or something easily treated.  I put her in the bathroom for the night.

The carpet/rug is more than a runner, less than a room size and I had to quickly get it out of the room (with 2 other curious cats, it was important!) so now my back has been strained doing that!

:surrender:
Going to bed just to FINISH this day and start a much better one! :luck:

(edited kind of oak tree)

Ed:
Wow! I hope things will have improved tomorrow.
My sympathies.

Samrc:
Cat at the vet... no news yet.   :luck:   She spent the night in the bathroom screaming her lungs out and pounding on the door ALL NIGHT LONG!!!  :(  Hated to do it but had to segregate her from the others and she just can not stand a shut door to ANY room other than my craft room.  She accepts that one should be closed.

2 Trees are coming down today, grind stumps, trim 2 other trees and haul all away trash....$1375 USD.   :yuck: :v8slap: :ss-shocked: :'(  Hurts.  But letting it go and allowing the house to have major damage is worse!  God was nice to me giving me a chance to get the trees out before they could hurt the house. :yes: Only the trim on the screen room was damaged. Could have been far worse!!

Unfortunately a baby possum was clinging to one of my large crepe myrtles.  His momma wasn't anywhere around.  Could be that she was up in the tree that dropped limbs...Lost track of the baby when I took photos of the rest of the yard.

Samrc:
:calico: Spaz news is sad, but not unexpected. She has a slight infection that we will treat.  But more importantly, she is also developing crystals in her kidneys and is showing the first signs of renal deterioration that will only worsen and lead to renal failure.  At 16 she is still active and playful, very interested in her world and sassy. The vet says she is now officially a VERY senior cat, an old lady, even if she plays, chases and wrestles with Oscar as though she is younger.  Last night she stayed at the vet so they could run more tests and my home was very somber.  Oscar was in a deep funk without his best friend and so was I.   :'(

turtle:
Sami sorry to hear about your troubles.
Its hard when our pets get old and have medical problems.
I went through this for two years with our previous cat who made it to 19.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version