Author Topic: adding video  (Read 3814 times)

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
adding video
« on: November 20, 2009, 10:56:29 PM »
you probably have this question somewhere in your discussions ... but I don't know if I can insert a video with cutesitebuilder 3 through 5. Can I do this? If I can't I guess I could do ytube and link to there. But I would much perfer it if I could just add video with cute ...

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: adding video
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »
You can use CSB's Insert Video option or insert HTML and put the movie into your components.  These options will load your video to the web for you.  But it will also bloat your tlx design file.  Making it larger.  One or two short clips won't make a difference but if you have a large item, I DO NOT recommend you use CSB to do the uploading!

This post shows how to link to a video (pdf, flash swf, music mp3, any type file)  http://samisite.com/forum/index.php?topic=355.0  Option 1 or 2 would be my best recommendation.

You can use a placeholder that matches your project.  Take a look at this video sample.  Took a screen shot then used it as my placeholder in CSB Insert HTML.  http://www.samisite.com/test-csb2nf/id120.htm
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »
Tom, what is the reason you prefer to have the video on your own server rather than YouTube? You will use a lot of your server capacity (depending on the size of the video file), and probably it is not optimised for streaming video. YouTube can be embedded so that it just looks like part of your website.

Rick
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 06:54:37 PM »
thanks for all the info ... I am actually asking this question for a friend who wants to add video.