Author Topic: EzGenerator - Comments PASTED from GS CSB board  (Read 9197 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
EzGenerator - Comments PASTED from GS CSB board
« on: January 21, 2007, 08:18:49 AM »
CONCRETE on 10/14/2006

I Did download the demo of EZgenerator. So far it looks very interesting. You all can look at it at http://www.ezgenerator.com/  They say (Over 3000 free Web Templates Choose one of the 3,000 freely available web template variations. Each one is fully customisable) and from what I've seen they look very professional. This time I'll give it a good look befor any money goes out.

Ron
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 09:00:39 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: EzGenerator - Comments PASTED from GS CSB board
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 08:26:57 AM »
TGSHAW on 10/16/2006

The entire page scrolls together at VisionExpert, but I see they do use a frame to keep their navigation stationary at the top. (The "frame" in the title indicates which language you've picked out of the drop-down box.)

Most of the others use the "inner scrolling table" thingy - I suppose it has a name - that's so popular right now. The place that sells chocolate has the scroll bar on the far right, like the ezgenerator site does, but most seem to have the scroll bar on the right side of the table that's scrolling. This seems to be the primary way these sites, at least, handle different screen resolutions. VisionExpert must do it a different way.

The only one I see using what I'd normally think of as "frames" is Sample Fusion. They have an inner scrolling table thingy, too, but it doesn't all scroll together. The left navigation sidebar stays stationary while the page scrolls.

As I understand it, the ways the other sites are using frames wouldn't have much effect on the search engines, because they don't have any content in the parts of the screen that don't scroll. But there are some other things going on that I believe are worse for search engines than frames are.

For example, most of the sites open new pages within the home page instead of navigating to a different page; if you click on different buttons you'll see that the URL stays exactly the same even though the page content changes. As I understand it, this makes it difficult to optimize a page for search engines, because all the pages use the same URL. But I suppose it would depend on what kind of a site you had.

I had to go back and re-look to remember the other thing I noticed, and I see it's only one site: djnitro has an "enter" page which is usually not a good thing. But it does seem to be common in that niche, so I suppose that's why they have it.

The one that really has a pro thing going is the chocolatier. They don't use the one-URL-fits-all system. They have their scrollbar on the right of the screen instead of the right of the table so the entire page scrolls together, and if you look at the source code they don't use frames. They use a table, but it evidently scrolls with the rest of the page. And to top it off, they seem to be using style sheets, and have a proper W3C set-up for their header information. It'd be interesting to know what they like about ezgenerator that keeps them using it when they probably have the ability to do sites without it.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 08:31:11 AM »
CONCRETE on 10/17/2006   (in response to Rick downloading the program)

Great Rick, I look forward to hearing what you think of EZGenerator. The interface takes a bit to get used to. But when you get the hang of it's pretty Cool.

Ron

(Other posts made about the same time by Ron, combined for easier reference)
I think you may like it. it has a site map. Not the same as CSB but it's there.

I sure would like to hear what some of the real experts think of EZGenerator.
I'm not sold yet. but this one looks good so far.

In the templates you can turn off Frames.

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 08:59:23 AM »
Rickasaurus on 10/22/2006

Styx, I am quite impressed with EZGenerator. As you say, there are a large number of contemporary templates (lack of this was one of the drawbacks of CSB), and there are also many built-in development tools.

However I do not like the fact that it is not possible to create your own templates, and modification of layout/images in existing templates is very restricted.

Anyhow, I have not played with it long enough yet to form a conclusion.
Rick
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »
CONCRETE on 10/24/2006

Rick I agree. So I'm still looking for the Killer site builder.
may never find the program that does everything just the way I would like.

The other day I ran across  this neat program WYSISYG Web Builder. It has an active forum, lots of help, and is full of features. Look at this web site to see what you all think.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/  You can try it free for (30) days

I'm looking at another one now called  Antenna. It also looks real good. thy this for a free download. http://www.stormdance.net/software/antenna/web%20design%20software%20download.htm

Ron
-Samantha