Author Topic: OMG! I am excited.....  (Read 4583 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
OMG! I am excited.....
« on: February 08, 2011, 12:15:31 PM »
In May of 2006 my house was broken into by young thieves while I was at work. 
They stole money, jewelry, assorted stuff including a suitcase to cart things away from the house!
Damage to household, drawers dumped, all filed paperwork thrown around home randomly and trampled on, you name it.
Police said they were young, that they were in the house for a couple hours!
No one caught, no justice seen for the hateful children that took my sense of security and peace forever.
No items recovered. Just gone.
Since then, I have had a security alarm active day and night!   :unsure: :-[  I have never completely felt secure since then.
Could never afford to replace stolen items (insurance paid based on original purchase not replacement value). Most were special pieces that could not be replaced at any cost!

TODAY:  I found one of my rings on EBAY and bought it!
That particular piece was sold by QVC and was no longer available to repurchase after the robbery.
5 years later, it shows up and I got it! 
 :hapscream: :hapscream: :boogie: :boogie: :kickdancing: :kickdancing: :hearts:
Stones in ring: amethyst (med purple), topaz (blue), citrine (yellow), tourmaline (pink), peridot (green)
The two sides have different shaped stones, not symetrical, unusual.
I have looked at ebay once a week for the same three pieces knowing they came from big relailers, hoping I could get another someday and FINALLY it happened!
Did I say I am excited??

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Re: OMG! I am excited.....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »
Well done Sami! Do you think it was the actual one that was stolen, or another one of the same type?
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:49:42 PM »
I would expect that it is one of many sold by QVC, not MY actual ring.  The chances of that would just be astronomical!
It said used in the ad but she is in a different state.  Of course the owner of the ring could have been living in Florida 5 years ago....  :-\

I just HOPE and PRAY that the size the seller says is accurate.  I had a 7, she sold me a 7.  
 :luck: :luck: :luck:
That I receive a 7 not something I can not wear....

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:08:02 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »
 :boogie: :boogie: It Fits! :boogie: :boogie:

And in wonderful condition! It is a 5-6 year old ring, yet all stones are tight, not scratched and silver is bright and shiny!
The center stone (amethyst) is not as pretty as my first ring.  It is more of a lavender color in this one, and I had a medium purple one last time.
But that does not detract from the ring at all! 
VERY HAPPY this morning.
 :hapscream:
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »
Good for you Samantha!

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 05:07:33 PM »
 :hapscream:

Now lets see...  ??? ... would I wear it with the amethyst pointing to the front on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, and the other way round on the other days  :-\

:v8slap: ... I could wear it with the amethyst pointing backwards on Mondays

:whistling: Women and their jewelry!

Just kidding Sami. Wonderful story! Glad you were able to find one. Unusual design!
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 06:51:20 PM »
LOL     :agree:

I wear it with small end toward the heart, wide end to fingertips, usually....  rofl
Purple, blue, green, yellow stones....it can go with practically everything! Very Practical ring and I have MISSED IT!

Yes it is unusual design. Prettier in person! Have seen other inset stone rings. But none had this stering silver hefty weight, or REAL stones this size. Most use CZ or crystals, or offer tiny stones, or are set only in straight rows. I really like the asymetrical design and low profile to the hand with no prongs so it does not catch on clothing.  Been wearing it since it came back to me.

Had several pieces that were unique. Gone.   :(  
But at least I have ONE piece that matches my original piece. Really makes me smile to look at it. Takes away some of the sting.

My other favorite ring bought after the robbery in 2007 is lavender and green jade set in heavy sterling silver...it shouts SAMISITE!

I have very few decent pieces now.  So much taken so I am spooky about putting money into jewelry.  And these days buying jewelry is a NO priority. Strict budget.
But after waiting for YEARS to find this ring again, I HAD TO DO IT. Period. No regrets.  :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:02:02 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »
Nice ring Sami, seems a Tiffany's piece... and fortunate coincidence, were you looking for that particular ring on eBay?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:11:50 PM by Tony41 »
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
Yes..as I said in my first post "I have looked at ebay once a week for the same three pieces knowing they came from big relailers, hoping I could get another someday and FINALLY it happened!"  So since 2006, I have looked for that specific ring and two other pieces!
The amethyst/multi stoned ring was a favorite of mine so I am THRILLED to have it back!

So my two favorite rings are back where they belong...on my hands as I type this! 
 :boogie: :boogie:

:luck: now if I can find a couple other pieces that were taken....  :luck:  may take a few more years....  :D

(No way to get everything back but having ONE piece is a wonderful feeling!)
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
Oh, thanks. I didn't read the last paragraph beyond the first line  :-[ I thought it was all related to ring's characteristics... :-[ :-[
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER