Author Topic: Web Easy Pro 7 - Recent Opinions?  (Read 7938 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
Web Easy Pro 7 - Recent Opinions?
« on: October 27, 2008, 12:39:30 PM »
Sami... or anyone else for that matter, any recent opinions of this software? I bought it about a week ago (on sale for $14.95) and played with it most this weekend. I ended up both pleased and irritated. Not sure it's for me. What other software might I try?  Of course, I'm looking for something similiar to CSB ???

HEY FOLKS!

I bought my Web Easy 6 in MAY.  They just released version 7. I sent them an email and asked for the upgrade and was provided my new serial number and download at no charge... Will be testing this one beginning this weekend I expect...
"To err is human; to forgive, canine." - Anonymous

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Web Easy Pro 7 - Recent Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:43:59 PM »
I ended up both pleased and irritated.

My thoughts exactly.

I have not settled on one piece of replacement software.
All that I have tried have good and bad qualities.
CSB spoiled me for the ease of certain functions.

As to which other software you should try...The main page of this forum has MANY pieces of software that we are testing.  Try them all.  They have trial periods.  See which fits you.  We would love to hear your comments!
Wanda is a Site Spinner fan. Switched a year ago.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:52:46 PM »
Thank you!

Okay, so along with Web Easy Pro V7.1.1, I've downloaded SiteSpinner V2.70b, EzGenerator V3.0.0.52 and WYSIWYG Web Builder V5.5.3, for starters. I've decided that my "testing" is going to be of the totally down-to-earth variety... because, well, because that's all I'm capable of.

I'm going to open each program up and see how long it takes me to draft something without visiting any of their tech forums... perhaps using my smallest CSB website as test fodder (http://www.dorpercorner.com) - thank goodness for friends who are way happy with three pages!

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 06:39:25 AM »
I played with it a few weeks ago and remain a Site Spinner fan. They just came out with a new pro version that I am seriously going to look at. After buying a new cell phone with touch screen web access.. ( Samsung Instinct ) I have seen the wave of the future being in mass numbers of small hand held internet access portals. It woke me up and I know now that I have to build for capability with these devices. SS has that available as well. Not in the basic version but even that showed up very much better and worked better than the site I have built with Cute. Sad to say it but it really is something to think forward to in internet designs. I would never go back to a regular phone now and I doubt those who have internet access ever will. The plans are coming down in price to the point many more people will use them. Now they offer gps, radio, tv web access email etc etc.. so as phones change so will the internet to keep up with that on the go customer base. I already use the internet capabilites frequently. Just something I thought you might consider while you are switching.

Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:06:12 AM »
As you test those pieces of software, please let us know your reactions to them...like this part, don't like this...under each of the software headings.  Having input from others to pick software is really very helpful.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 06:26:34 AM »
As you test those pieces of software, please let us know your reactions to them...like this part, don't like this...under each of the software headings.  Having input from others to pick software is really very helpful.

Well, lets see. Basically I fooled around with it for a few hours on a friends computer for about six hours. It was long enough to not find a reason to switch. It wasn't that I disliked anything specifically so much as I didn't see features that made it worth my while to continue on with it when I am so familiar with Spinner now. That was about six weeks ago which for me is a LOT of water under the bridge. lol Sorry I didn't have time to post while it was fresh in my mind.

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 11:27:59 AM »
While surfing some universal web techie sites that focus mostly on HTML(&CSS) web sites, I did find specific cautions against Web Easy Pro 7 because it doesn't create cross-browser compatible sites.

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 04:07:53 AM »
While surfing some universal web techie sites that focus mostly on HTML(&CSS) web sites, I did find specific cautions against Web Easy Pro 7 because it doesn't create cross-browser compatible sites.

Very good to know. Tha tis becomming more and more important.

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 04:52:52 AM »
funny enough, I just left a reply on my thread above this one saying that I am back using CSB find it here http://samisite.com/forum/index.php?topic=188.0

Nice to see you folks are still active here, sorry to say that I have not visited here for a long while - but may be back more often.

Best regards to all

Graham