Author Topic: About this family-style forum  (Read 8663 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
About this family-style forum
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:19 AM »
So glad you are here.  So glad you want to contribute.

The purpose of the forum is to provide community support for users of WYSIWYG website software (CSB, Trellix, Site Spinner and others) through the expansion and increased diversity of Samisite.com.

This forum is rooted in the fine tradition of the GlobalSCAPE and Trellix support forums.  Both were family environments, where adults could communicate and assist each other in a positive environment. The ability to share, challenge and assist each other has been the cornerstone for the CSB/Trellix product line. It is a vital component. Unfortunately, when GlobalSCAPE announced the end of CSB, they left us with a very large question about future support! The GlobalSCAPE CSB forum and the knowledge base will be available until July 1, 2007, AT LEAST. They could allow the support forum to continue after that point, or not. 

So, this forum is also designed to supplement the GlobalSCAPE discussion board and extend the support, specifically for the CuteSITE Builder web software.  Should they decide to stick to that July 1, 2007 date, this forum will be in place to support users. 

Over the next few years as people move away from CuteSITE Builder, we hope they continue to come to this forum for assistance with other software, and give insights on the new software.  We also want to welcome new people to our community as the support for other software grows.

The forum is run by a core of current and former CuteSITE Builder and Trellix Web software users. Through the years, we have developed expertise in several pieces of software and are actively testing and learning others while providing assistance. If there is something you need and you don't see it, let us know. Chances are good that one of us can help you to the right place. We like each other and it shows. We'd like to invite you to join us in this friendly place.  Meet the core here. 

Enjoy but please do not abuse. 
This forum is new.  Expect changes and growth.  Lets move forward together!

:welsign:

=========================
This forum is owned and maintained by Sami (Samantha Conway) and is hosted on Samisite.com, a WYSIWYG web software tutorial site specializing in but not limited to CSB and Trellix software. This site is not built for profit. This is a user to user site not paid for, supported, sponsored or endorsed by Globalscape or Trellix Corporation or any other company. This is self-funded by the owner. If you would like to contribute to the maintenance of this site, you can use the paypal button on my home page.   Any donations you may wish to make for the maintenance of this site would be appreciated and would help to keep the site ad-free. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:14:57 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: About this family-style forum
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 04:33:44 PM »
By the way, near the end of the year, I am used to saying Merry Christmas.  Though I recognize that not everyone celebrates Christmas, I am christian and feel this is the best way I can express the sentiment of the holiday I am celebrating.  :boogie:  I don't know YOUR holiday and can not be expected to know.

It is not my intent to cause offense to people that choose to celebrate a different holiday.
Or to offend those that choose to not celebrate any holiday at all this time of the year. 
This forum is all inclusive, regardless of race, creed or religion. So in that vain I would like to wish Seasons Greetings and/or Happy Holidays to anyone that prefers that salutation.  Please post your own holiday greetings in appropriate threads on the forum.

But please, no huge political discussions about the proper politically correct language. We have all heard arguements why it is right or wrong to use certain phrases.  Lets try to be tolerant of different points of view, without losing what makes us unique individuals.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 04:38:45 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )