Author Topic: Word 2007, OK, I need help...  (Read 2806 times)

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
Word 2007, OK, I need help...
« on: April 21, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
Resuming: I made a catalog using Word 2007, pages background in black and insert a lot of images in 22 pages.
Everything ok, so far...
Then I thought that images would be better with a colored border, so I double click the image, went to Image Format and a blue border was added. Then, looking at the image, I wasn't convinced. So, I made it wider...  no, no, I don't like it... better to take it off...  was then that my problem begun. I can't remove the border!! (see the picture) - worst of worst: if I insert a NEW image (without ANY border), it goes WITH THE BORDER, same color, same wide!! The page format has to see something with it, because my last test (after hours dealing with it) was inserting a new blank page, then enter, enter, enter until last line, select the whole page, COPY FORMAT  and PASTE on one of the pages containing images: borders went off!!

How can I check the page settings? How could it happen? a Word's bug? If I COPY any image and PASTE it in a blank NEW page, in another file, it will be pasted with the border!

Somebody could have any idea?

Thanks
Tony

ERRATA:
After doble clicking the image, It wasn't "Image Format" but "Borders and Shadows"  (or something like that, sorry, my OS is in Spanish...)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:05:25 PM by Tony »
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Word 2007, OK, I need help...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »
Tony, can you send me the file, or let me download it so I can play with it?
I use Office 2010, but most of those features are the same so could advise if I found an answer.

Just save me a copy of the file, open to the page you want me to test.... :yes:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 04:05:25 AM »
Thank you Sami, I have just sent the file to your email sam**@*******
I guess it is the correct address, because it seems that my last email sent on 3th April was not received  :unsure:

Hope you can solve the mistery...   :luck:   ;)

Tony
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 05:07:43 AM »
Found it !! Another day, fresh brain...

Some how, during the process, the images were considered as text, so, opening the Border and Shadows window, selecting the "Apply to" scroll menu and choose Apply to " text " and then to "Ninguno(how is it written on English OS?):

How could I imagine that an image was turned to text  ??   :v8slap:
Well, another thing to keep in mind...

Thank you for your time.

Tony

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:22:17 AM »
When i was working with the file, my Word My did not show the border was attached to text.  Mine showed attached to picture.  But still did not react normally.  Very strange. 
Glad you got it straightened out.   :clapping:

I hate Word but have to use it anyway. Prefer WordPerfect because of the "reveal codes" option.  Really helps when you find and clear out some strange effect.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )