Author Topic: Inserting modules and features in tables  (Read 4584 times)

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
Inserting modules and features in tables
« on: March 13, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »
Is there code available that will work with CSB so that we can add such things as a random image generator, or a featured story, calendars, featured ad and so on? I'm also interested in a classified program highly flexible that can integrate important design consistency and be editable by whoever post an ad. I'm also interested in a list of modules we can incorporate I may not have thought to ask about. Thanx..

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Inserting modules and features in tables
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »
You can insert random image scripts.  I have two random image demos on this page (one linked, one not linked).  There are other scripts.

Featured story? Not sure I know that one off hand, but I am sure dynamicdrive.com or javascriptkit.com would have something.

Calendar, yes there are calendars that are available online services that can load in an iframe with one line of code.  Ex: h**p://www.calendars.net/

BUT...if you are going to that extent, why not build in a CMS that has all that already available in it?

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 10:44:27 PM »
CMS? You mean a template like Moomba or something like that? I'd rather have the control of html. With php or asi maintenance is too full time.

Thanks for the links. I'll try them.

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 09:08:09 AM »
Have you found this site? Most of the scripts should be able to be inserted into CSB: http://www.hotscripts.com/

--I especially like this site because of the ratings and reviews.

ETA: Do note that some of the scripts there are free but some aren't. Use the "visit" button to go to the script-writer's site to see about any cost.

EETTAA: Usually when I do a search for something at HotScripts, I come up with pages of options. I just did a search for "calendar" and got only one page of results, with about half of them being full CMS's. The MiniWebCalendar looks like a possibility, though. Creative Commons license, and the script writer has a demo and a support blog on his website.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 09:27:11 AM by tgshaw »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Yup Hotscripts.com is a great resource for some things!!

That's where I found a very simple free ad server (counts clicks and that's all he wanted).  Was simple to install and easier for the client to use. It's a bit too no-frills for my taste but the client LOVES it!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 01:25:11 PM »
I use Coffecup Calendar in one of my sites. I am using the small format and one can format it larger.
If you like it, you can try the trial here: http://www.coffeecup.com/web-calendar/
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 02:16:16 PM »
Thanks  :yes: