Author Topic: Microsoft Powerpoint  (Read 2593 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • Taxi driver supreme
    • Huddersfield Minibus. GRS-AEROBUS
Microsoft Powerpoint
« on: May 31, 2012, 12:50:09 PM »
 :yes: Hi All, just came across something very interesting which my 7 year old grand daughter has shown me on Powerpoint. These kids find all sorts of goodies.  Its called "animation effect" and I do like the look of this. You can make text or photos come in from any direction onto the page at any speed or just by single letters etc etc. I wonder if I created something, could I copy and paste this magic effect to Cutesite builder 4 through the html insert and would it work? Have any of you any experience of this effect on Powerpoint. Its dead good and I'd love to incorporate this animation effect stuff. grstools. :thankyousign:
Graeme.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Microsoft Powerpoint
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
Powerpoint is a ppt file.

You can insert a powerpoint file into your web page but it is NOT compatible for everyone.  Like Word and Excel, Powerpoint requires the proper software to view that file.  If someone (like my Mom) does not OFFICE/Powerpoint or the free viewer installed on their machine the ppt file will not play.

Powerpoint does have the capability to convert to HTML or Flash. But Microsoft does a very poor job of both.  Flash is HUGE and HTML is individual pages.
If you do want to use powerpoint, then DEFINITELY convert to HTML or Flash. And then use a container page for the HTML or let us know and we will help you insert the flash.  (Flash can not be seen on apple products without using a different browser).

Ironically, our favorite CSB replacement web building software (Xara Web Designer Premium) offers the ability to to everything that powerpoint does and produce very nice web presentations.  You can even use that software to host a REMOTE PRESENTATION, a WEBINAR free of charge.  h**p://presenter.xara.com/uk

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • Taxi driver supreme
    • Huddersfield Minibus. GRS-AEROBUS
Re: Microsoft Powerpoint
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
Thank you for the info. I will have a go at it sometime. Graeme.
Graeme.