Author Topic: TV/MOVIE QUOTES - ADD YOURS HERE: 1-show 2-character 3-why you like it  (Read 10719 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
I'll start this thread. 
1) NAME THE SHOW and 2) CHARACTER WHEN POSSIBLE and 3) WHY it is a favorite.

M*A*S*H       
From and episode called blood brothers with Patrick Swayze in it.

Father Francis Mulcahy:
I want to tell you about two men. Each facing his own crisis. The first man you know rather well. The second is a patient here. Well, the first man thought he was facing a crisis. But what he was really doing was trying to impress someone. He was looking for recognition, encouragement, a pat on the back. And whenever that recognition seemed threatened he reacted rather childishly. Blamed everyone for his problems but himself because he was thinking only of himself. But the second man was confronted with the greatest crisis mortal man can face, the loss of his life. I think you will agree that the second man had every right to be selfish. But instead he chose to think not of himself, but of a brother. A brother! When the first man saw the dignity and the selflessness of the second man, he realized how petty and selfish he had... I... I... I had been. It made me see something more clearly than I've ever seen it before. God didn't put us here for that pat on the back. He created us so he could be here himself. So he could exist in the lives of those he created, in his image.
h**p://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638258/

The end lines that I bolded really hit home for me. They help to explain why we are here...what our purpose is.
I promise the next one I post will be a silly one.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )