Author Topic: Trellix vs Change  (Read 8094 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Can I Get Help or Possibly Offer Some!
    • FREE PIMS
Trellix vs Change
« on: April 02, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »
I am using Trellix online and wanted to get some suggestions if I decided to use another method to create sites and wondered if anyone had tried this builder out.

http://namu6.com/

One more question, does anyone else besides, domain direct, web.com, tripod offer Trellix. I know that earthlink did if you were one of there customers.

Visit FREE PIMS
Where FREE Begins!

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Trellix vs Change
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 09:19:25 AM »
Hi, I never heard of them - and their web site is down but I found a few good reviews on them at some free download places. The price is right! If you are looking for something simple it sounds like it might work ok. I don't know about who else carries Trellix.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Can I Get Help or Possibly Offer Some!
    • FREE PIMS
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 10:12:23 AM »
Hi, I never heard of them - and their web site is down but I found a few good reviews on them at some free download places. The price is right! If you are looking for something simple it sounds like it might work ok. I don't know about who else carries Trellix.

Yea it's cheap enough and I have just started trying it out a little, seems okay so far.
Visit FREE PIMS
Where FREE Begins!

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 09:51:14 AM »
Yes, earthlink offers Trellix. A caveat, though -- I've been with earthink as my ISP almost since I started going online and they've been great for that. OTOH, their support for their free webspace - which is what they have Trellix available for - is basically nonexistent. I say "basically" because someone somewhere may have gotten some support, but I don't know of anyone. When I tried, I got sent in a literal circle by form emails, ending up getting sent back to the first place I'd asked for help. Never did hear from an actual person. Completely different from what I've found with their support for other services. Quite a few earthlink Trellix users ended up at the globalscape CSB forum looking for help.

If you try the other program you mentioned, let us know what you think.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 12:03:59 PM »
I have earthlink as my isp.  My account comes with several 10mb spaces and one of them I tested the Online Trellix.  It is quite different than the PC version of the program and has nice features. BUT as Trudy said....support is non-existent.

Unfortunately, Trellix (web.com now, formerly Interland) sold the package to many ISP's and other sites as an all-in-one package for SITE BUILDER but did not prepare any kind of help file system or forum for support for the product. You will find the same overall package (with options turned on or off) from many companies but none have the support staff for it because they did not build the program...it is 3rd party software.

Sadly, Trellix.com is now reduced to this simple page.  No support, no help files, nothing.

Excerpt:
Today, our strategic distribution partners include: R.H. Donnelley, Dex Media, EarthLink, British Telecom, Terra Lycos, Thomas Publishing, Ambassador Yellow Pages, Hawaiian Telcom, Encore Software, Office Depot, CompUSA, Amazon.com, and Monster Worldwide.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »
Well Sam, Since you have tried it on your site, maybe a few of those people who need help will find their way here where they will luck up and find YOU to ask a question or two.  LOL
Success is a way of life found moment by moment