Website Building Software > Coffee Cup HTML editor (dual interface)

Coffeecup

(1/5) > >>

tgshaw:
Last night I downloaded the 30-day free trial of Coffeecup's "not-free" HTML editor. Their venerable free HTML editor that only edits HTML is still available, but the purchased version can be switched back and forth between code view and WYSIWYG view. The code view is the default, but that can be changed in your settings so that files open in WYSIWYG view.

I haven't had much chance to play around with it, but so far it looks promising. I may have to buy the program to really see what it can do, as I don't seem to be able to download a working help file with the trial version, which greatly limits my "putzing" ability. There are a lot of things that can be used that I've never tried since they're not in CSB -- CSS, drop-down menus, various ways to use flash, for example. 

They also have a program called a Visual Editor, which seems to be only WYSIWYG. I haven't downloaded that one; since the price is the same for each (just under $50 for either editor), it doesn't seem very "cost-effective" to buy one that only has half of the use. But I'll read what's said about it to see if maybe there are some things that are more user-friendly than they are in the version that includes the HTML editor.

tgshaw:
Thanks - I think when I have some time to really learn the HTML editor (which isn't right now!) it could be a very flexible program.

The Visual Editor seems to be a lot  more limited, almost like what you'd be able to do with an online Trellix program.

Samrc:
Excellent comments.  NICE TO KNOW.  Thanks Trudy for the review.

Will add the program to the checklist I am building. It will not rate well.

tgshaw:
As far as Coffeecup, I'd say:

Visual Editor - No
HTML Editor - Maybe

The HTML Editor does have something of a learning curve and I just don't have time to play with it now (re-organizing at work, re-organizing and having company at home, adding a forum to my site because the one I've been posting on for the last 5 years has just announced that its closing at the end of the month). But I think it's a real possibility.

I just have one question - Why, oh, why, can't someone provide a site map?!! :-\

SafariWoman:
HI, I know what you mean Trudy - it is continually the problem for me with the software I have tested as well. For example when I finally made a site with Spinner I realized that my almost two hundred pages that I need to convert to another program soon would by necessity need to be built in folders. For some areas that is OK but for others that contain a long list of quite similar pages it is an added time consuming inconvenience that multiplies into the future every time I would want to change some basic element. It is so much easier and faster to have more pages in one file than multiple files. This one lacking feature puts almost all of the softwares in the "better off limited to small sites" category on my grading sheet. I think WYSIWYG is the only program I am considering for the remake at this time that has a site map. Cute sure did spoil us huh?  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version