Author Topic: Please introduce yourself!  (Read 123206 times)

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Re: Please introduce yourself!
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2009, 06:01:52 PM »
Hi bettsnirvana, welcome to the forum!

Rick
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #201 on: August 14, 2009, 04:03:03 AM »
 :welsign:
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2009, 04:14:31 AM »
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• ???
« Reply #203 on: September 25, 2009, 02:41:30 AM »
I am Zpenzer P. Blaze from United States. I am new to this forum. I hope i enjoy to this company.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:19:34 PM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Hope you find something of interest here!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2010, 03:57:16 AM »
  :flowers:Hi every one i'm Steven,
Also a dumb new guy!: Quite a novice at site builing, but I enjoy the challenge,get really frustrated at times trying to find my way around code and all > however I am a strong believer ,in the saying  "That every thing is possible, and believe that YOU can succeed  in anything that you want to do; just depends on how bad you want it!"
I have had quite a bit of help and direction from reading posts on the site and just want to say thank you for the site and the info that it supplies.
Steven

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2010, 04:25:24 AM »
Keep trying Steven!
If I did it, ANYONE can  ;)
It's a matter of time, not brain  :D
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2010, 09:12:49 AM »
 :welsign: :welsign:
Glad to have you aboard! 
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2010, 04:32:39 PM »

Welcome Steven!  :)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2010, 07:44:33 AM »
Thank you one and all for the warm welcome :thankyousign: and the supportive comments.
Sorry that I have not responded earlier but I have been home to Australia  for a visit and to see my grandchildren
Steven  :thankyousign::bdballoon:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2010, 09:14:10 AM »
Rick is in Australia currently.  He splits his time between China and Australia these days.  Ever the wanderer, you never know where he will be found!

Sounds like you had a good trip.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • INTP
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2011, 09:38:37 AM »
Hi everybody.

Ended up here while struggling with some *.cdl problem, as part of my job as a small time 'graphics girl' in the headstone industry (there'll be a post/questions about that somewhere).
I work with SignLab5 and my old Roland Camm-1 machine, in my little office in Dublin, Eire.
Hoping to broaden my horizons here  :idea:
"We live on the surface of a 4-dimensional doughnut." Marcus Du Sautoy

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »
Nice to meet you.  Welcome to the forum!

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »
Welcome, from Rick! :)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • INTP
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2011, 02:27:24 PM »
:thankyousign:

Can't guarantee I'll be a regular 'poster' here, given:
  • introverted nature....LOT of thinking/analysing but little of this actually makes it out of me head
  • always being on too many projects at a time (e.g chemistry, writing, Mongolian, Nepali...)
  • not being an actual 'proper' graphic designer -I'm a linguist (who actually spends most of her worktime with bearded dragons)
"We live on the surface of a 4-dimensional doughnut." Marcus Du Sautoy

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2011, 03:38:06 PM »
That's exactly what you need to be in this forum!!

Welcome  :welsign:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »
I agree with Tony!!!
Lovely to have you here in any capacity you see fit (other than spamming  rofl)!
No matter what the "title", the training, the lack thereof...all are welcome here.  
Don't know if ANY of us "proper" graphic artists with degrees and formal training in that specialty. It doesn't matter.  :)

I am no extrovert. Quite shy in some circumstances.  Always have projects I want to complete or pursue... As to training, I have a degree in Guidance and Counseling with a double major in Psychology, was a banker and insurance rep before becoming the "office nerd" that kept our computer systems (server and desktops) working for 10 years. I have designed a full line of commercial product packaging for several types of medium using both Adobe Illustrator and  Xara's Design Pro. I have been assisting/moderating on website issues on a software forum since 2000. Had the tutorial site since 2003, and this forum for three years or so. Helped thousands over the years because it is a joy.  But I have never been formally trained in any graphic art, web or it!

No matter what the "title", the training, the lack thereof...all are welcome here.  
We are a community with a main purpose of support in whatever way we can provide it in a welcoming and friendly "family" environment.
Through that, some of us have become friends, learning a bit about each other over time.
We play a couple silly games (which you found  :TUP:) that take a couple minutes each day.  
Can't speak for the others but I look forward to those interactions.  Fun. Informative. Confusing (several languages involved and sometimes translation ...well lets say sometimes the meaning is misunderstood)   :D ;)   Having another voice contributing is terrific!

Some folks can only contribute once a quarter, others, only when they have problems. Perfectly fine.
Just know you are welcome here to comment on existing topics or make one of your own!

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »
Hi and :welsign: from Ed too.
I've been a Sami fan for years.

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • Blind web author from central florida
    • usi fr Sight
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
I see some new members have come aboard. WELCOME!!!  Glad you are here.

Why not post and introduce yourself on this thread!
Hi, I'm Donald 'dj' bowen, a 57 year old blind web author living in central florida.  You are invited to visit my web site, but right now I'm having a serious problem with my index.html caused by a combination of my lack of professional skill and use of a screen reader.  Thanks for having me aboard!  dj
Dj boen

Offline hidden

• ???
Hello all - I just joined samisite.com
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2011, 04:00:22 PM »
Hello there - I just enrolled here and thought that I ought to introduce myself. That being said, my name is Kaleb Vishnu and am living in Detroit MI,Detroit. I love my lovely wife and four children who keep me very busy. I am excited to be nteracting with many of you here :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:45:28 PM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
Donald you are very welcome here at any time!!   :welsign: :welsign:

Opusvic.  You posted all kinds of links to inappropriate sites.  I believe you are a spammer and you have been banned after I zapped your links!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »
Hi Donald. Welcome to SWCF.
Ed.

Offline hidden

• ???
  • I am new here.
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »
Hi,

Just found your forum while looking for some iframe tips

I'm Leonardo and I help local businesses with their internet marketing :-)

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2011, 05:10:33 PM »
Hi Leonardo, welcome to the Forum.  :welsign:

Rick

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2011, 07:41:30 PM »
 :welsign:  nice to have you join in!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #226 on: July 16, 2011, 06:11:10 PM »
Hi Leonardo,

Have fun at SWCF  :welsign:

Ed

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
Re: Please introduce yourself! Still... A Trellix User
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2013, 02:39:00 AM »
Hidy from Texas! everyone.  I have been using Trellix probably since it was introduced!  I never upgraded to the Cute Site builder so here I am still building websites the "Old" way!  LOL
I use it mostly to build websites for my personal business.  I keep it simple and it works for me.  After all these years  I still have not mastered Trellix though and still learn new things with it. 
Occasionally I still get stumped and hope that being here I may be able to get a quick answer if needed.  For sure any and ALL advice would be appreciated!
I am an amateur archeologist and put on digs at ancient Indian campsites (not burial grounds).  Check out one way I use Trellix by going to one of my sites... www.diggingtexas.com
Merry Christmas and look forward to talking to some of you!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »
wow.  :TUP: :clapping: :TUP:

You are very welcome here. :flowers:   :welsign:

We'll be glad to try to help you with your site.  I am amazed your Trellix 2.7 is still working. Must still be on windows xp or earlier.  Be aware that when you lose that you will lose your Trellix too.  So keep that in mind. I visited your site. Nice job.

Samisite.com is one of the last places to still get help with Trellix and CSB.  Wander the website http://www.samisite.com for all kinds of tutorials.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year too.

Sami

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
Re: Please introduce yourself! Still... A Trellix User
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »
Thank you Sami for the welcome!  You will be even more amazed that I am indeed using Trellix 2.7 on windows 7 with no problems.  I use nearly everyday! I don't know why I am so lucky but it works fine for me.

Why? Why? in the world did they do away with Trellix!? Why doesn't someone just start it back up with fresh material?  Is there a chance it could be revived?  What would it take?

I wish I had enough money to buy Trellix, it is so simple, so easy.  I can't imagine not having it for my small business.  I have made a huge amount of webpages and updates since it first started.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2013, 11:50:05 PM »
How the heck did you get it to install? The site needed to get validated is offline.  You must have a cracked version? I'm happy you have it working.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2013, 12:11:53 AM »
I paid a computer company to install it for me.  They did not say anything about how they did it.