Author Topic: Clickbank  (Read 7050 times)

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Clickbank
« on: August 01, 2007, 07:06:38 PM »
I am looking at clickbank for downloads and subscriptions does any one have any comments on it? Previously I have thought of using Pay Pal but this has an associate program and is used by many sites and authors that I have found. I won't go into my reasons for pay pal hesitation again.  :noshake: - lol - Just wondering if anyone here has an opinion. It seems like a good program and automates the entire process and that is something that technically pay pal can't do.... This is even a bigger reason to consider it over PP rather than just my bad past experiences with them.

Here is the sell products page.. http://www.clickbank.com/sell_products.html

Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
Re: Clickbank
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:13:47 PM »
oooops I was wrong it isn't automated .. hmm well for the networking I am still considering it but will go back to the drawing board just in case this isn't it for me. Maybe it would be a good supplement for the networking when I get to the point of hiring someone full time to handle such things. ( Why do I dread that so??) One site I'm affiliated with in that they feature some of my work is SelfGrowth.com.They make a lot of money with the sales because of the affiliates. I know there are automated programs out there I found some a few years ago when I was looking around. Well back to Google but I am still interested if anyone has comments...

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 12:02:10 PM »
I only know of Clickbank from the affiliate side. The "general wisdom" is that the program itself is OK, but they have a lot of scummy merchants who find ways to stiff the affiliates, so it's important to judge the merchants individually when deciding to affiliate with them. You might lose a few affiliates because of that reputation, but aside from that I don't know of any drawbacks. I do know they've been used for downloads on CSB-built sites.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »
I am not familiar with it at all.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 07:11:09 PM »
Oh no scummy affiliates! :yuck: lol I hate that...   :yes:

I did look around at the affiliates and found a bunch that looked a little scummy so thanks for the heads up -- or down?? I need something easy for downloads and subscriptions so I hope to find a site where once a customer orders they are sent a password and the site information automatically. If they don't treat the affiliates right then I probably wouldn't want to be involved. Although finding an affiliate site that doesn't have complaints seems to be near impossible.

I had to move past that search for now, not having turned anything up yet. If I had found the non automated information I probably wouldn't have even posted. I read over the page I found it on a few times and don't know how I missed it.   ???

Thanks for the input.  :)

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 08:19:31 AM »
Oh no scummy affiliates!

Well, maybe... but I was talking about scummy merchants. :D

Have you seen amazon's beta program for using their purchase system on your site?

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 11:01:13 AM »
oooooops  rofl               I want my money back for that speed reading course! nooo I knew what you meant I must be having a dyslexic week - skipping over things I should be reading -- and oh my -- some of my mails that I've read over include the wrong words and really bad grammar - its either that or I'm still getting over the vacation. Thank you for correcting that lest someone come along and misunderstand. Scummy merchants = yikes!

Side note - the best association program I've found so far is Linkshare. Although I am sure there are times I don't get paid because of reports from someone I know mentioning that they ordered something. Don't you just love how they all say - this program is not to be used by your friends or family ... if someone you know doesn't occasionally order -how would you even know there was a problem with non payment? sheeesh

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 11:07:03 AM »
Stupid question...
How would they KNOW if someone was a friend or family member?  We all have different names. And they don't have a geneology do they? :unsure:  Or do they simply ask are you related or friend of Wanda?
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 11:36:18 PM »
OK just lost my reply

A quick retake: It's a catch twenty two isn't it? All the programs I have read say they are not to be used by you, your friends, family, associates etc and doing so will be a breach of your agreement. So then if you are aware of someone making a purchase that you were not paid for and report it - you are actually saying that you were operating in breach of the agreement. I just really love the areas they invent to take your report of not being paid -- once again -- if you don't know the people who are ordering or what they are ordering then how would you know that you have not been paid ???

The worst affiliate program I was ever in and got out of about 4 years ago was Commission Junction - long story on that one but they didn't pay lots of things and then one day out of the blue none of my links worked and after writing they had just decided to remove me from the program but if I wanted to join again it would be no problem, I would just have to reset everything up and build new links.. YEAH RIGHT bye bye CJ was my response.

Amazon and Google seem to be paying accordingly -- but how would I ever really know right?

Honestly I don't know if any affiliate program is worth it and may remove them all from my some day site rebuild.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 11:16:36 AM »
I considered having affiliate links on samisite.com a couple years ago for only the products/scripts that I use and would recommend. (like allwebmenus, xara, UFM, etc)
The thought wasn't to make money (though a little $ would be nice now and then). I actually was more interested to see if anyone actually clicks through on recommendations. :-[   Decided against it because I did not want to turn this site into a business and did not want to change my relationship with the GlobalSCAPE or my visitors.

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 02:25:27 PM »
I did include Xara and a couple of other computer related items that I use in the Web Mastering area of my shopping mall and they do get click throughs and occasionally sales - and my site isn't even about Web mastering. I mention they are products that I use. Someone bought an over 3,000 Dell computer system through my Dell link so I got about thirty dollars from that and I have made a little on the Xara and similar links. I might mention that I have also made a few dollars from links in that area that are not about products that I use but just happen to be in the affiliate program I participate in so I include them anyway with a standard description.

So for you, I don't know that it would hurt to do this because really, you are giving away so much good information and your recommendations are coming from a professional. I have bought several things that I found on web master sites from their recommendation links -- if you had some here at least I and others who use your site could help repay you for all that you do if we were going to buy the product anyway. Others who surf their way in, might do the same. I understand you might not want people to think you are only giving opinions because you will make money from it so maybe you could also add the links to those things you aren't affiliated with in the same area - that way it would be obvious that your recommendations are not income driven.

Just my take on it ...  :)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 04:27:34 PM »
your recommendations are coming from a professional
Still shake my head at that one.   I am a user of CSB and other software, in some cases a power user, but not a pro. At least not by my own definition.

if you had some here at least I and others who use your site could help repay you for all that you do
I love having this site and fully appreciate the people that visit.  Having the forum with assistance of you folks has been a delight and something I would not have done without commitment from others....that interaction has been my repayment!  :) 

...if we were going to buy the product anyway
VERY TRUE.  This is the only reason I did consider doing it before.  After all, people do need image software, etc and most are like me...they like to know how it worked for someone else: did it perform well, fast, was it buggy, and how hard is it to learn. 

As it stands now, my opinion is only my opinion. I don't get paid to suggest something.  When I tell you that I like a product because xyz you know its a true assessment, not for financial gain or recognition.

IF IF IF there comes a time that I need support for the site to keep it running, I MIGHT consider it instead of tower ads, but only for products I have tested or used and would consider using again or recommending or other strong members on the forum stand behind. That closes the door to a lot of affiliate programs but that's fine. So far, the forum and the site are doing ok and I am not in need of that.

I know there are a ton of people that think I am nuts, that I am short-sighted...I should make this site a money-making venture.  I have even been contacted to sell the site to someone so they COULD make it a money driven site.  Sorry not for sale.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 01:05:45 AM »
I guess pro is relative - to many you are definitely a pro! There will always be people who are more pro to some degree.. but OK I will switch that to Knowledgeable and Experienced! lol

If you did sell things that I wanted I would buy them from you rather than somewhere else - but I can fully understand your wanting to maintain a neutral position.

Banner ads don't work that well for anyone that I know of. Except for the people whose ads appear on sites for product or brand recognition I think. Even Google Search pays my site more than banner ads. The ones that work the best for me and that are also historically noted as being the most successful affiliate ads are the text links in an article. (I know you know this - but for the sake of someone reading.)

Anyway - just input ... and ..

I hope that you PLEASE DON'T EVER SELL YOUR SITE! It wouldn't be the same without ya!  :noshake:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 09:26:04 AM »
OK I will switch that to Knowledgeable and Experienced
I can accept that one! :yes:

If you did sell things that I wanted I would buy them from you rather than somewhere else
Thank you.  That's great to hear!
 >:D ...have some great swamp land...dry as a bone right now.....interested? >:D  rofl

All text tower ads from kanoodle.com actually do a decent job of supporting another site that I have been coaching on for years.  He comes to me for animated ads and has become a good friend over the years. If I were to have ads, I would use those.

PLEASE DON'T EVER SELL YOUR SITE
Ya... Like THAT would happen!  It is MY NAME for goodness sake!   :P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:54:57 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 02:18:08 PM »
Knowledgeable and Experienced Professional.  ;)
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 03:06:42 PM »
 rofl rofl rofl rofl

:surrender:
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 06:12:04 PM »
lol Sam, I live on a bay that is surrounded by Marsh - so I don't need any swamp land at this time ... but if I do....  LOL