Author Topic: Gradient backgrounds  (Read 4987 times)

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
Gradient backgrounds
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:15:50 AM »
The trend seems to be going to gradient background on sites. CSB only has tools to put in solid page colors. Is there a code to generate gradients?

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Gradient backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:30:03 PM »
Pirate, I think in CSB you make the image gradient on your graphics program then insert it. Most of them do it easily.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »
Then my problem becomes putting wallpaper over it. Everytime I use an image background I'm relegated to using csb's site designs which I don't use.

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 04:38:12 PM »
Hmmm - I am not really sure I understand what you are saying but, I never used a standard template from CSB and if I wanted a gradient background image I would create it, compress it and size it to the page frame and insert it. I bet Sam - who is nearly a mind reader - LOL - will know what you mean and if I am replying incorrectly set us both straight!  :yes:
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 04:47:45 PM »
Well, in my case i design my own wallpaper. The wall paper is inserted like a background image by either inserting code or using the insert> background image function of CSB's page properties. Either way.. if you insert another image it wipes out the wallpaper.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 07:59:55 PM »
You can have only ONE background image.
I usually use the CSB PAGE PROPERTIES, Browse to the image and load it in.

If you want a background image in your TABLE so that it appears to have a layered look, it must be done manually. Please view this page for samples AND instructions.  EASY.

Bottom image (furthest behind) is put into the CSB page properties (or using code when necessary)
2nd layer (laying on TOP of the background image) is made by defining a table with an image background.
Then you can turn on/off borders of the tables and turn on/off cell colors of the tables to create the look you want.

KNOWN LIMITATION of the trick demonstrated on the page linked above:
Can not put a background image into a table that is INSIDE A TABLE without hand coding the full table as seen in this page.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »
Awesome. Thanks.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 03:10:18 PM »
Works in IE only....but am actively testing other methods to work in Firefox too....
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )