Author Topic: How do I publish?  (Read 5528 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
How do I publish?
« on: October 25, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
I have not gotten the DEP insert image situation corrected, but I cannot publish my page.  I have a webhost provider and my page is already published.   I want to create new pages on my new computer and publish them to the page, but I don't see the "publish anywhere" feature that Trellix has on my old computer.  I see "Web Provider" or other options, but no "publish anywhere."  So, I clicked on Web Provider and filled in site name as it is on my other computer that already has the page publishing.   Then I filled in the username and password provided by my webhost as it is on the other computer.  I click okay and then I get error messages.   I am perplexed because all of this was working until I had the DEP issue. Now that that is resolved, I have the new issue of not being able to publish pages to the internet using my webhost.    Advice, please and please keep it very simple.   Thanks!  Sherry

Offline hidden

• ???
Re: How do I publish?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 12:02:22 PM »
Just to let everyone know, I read about CSB publishing on Sami's page, which looks the same as the Trellix publishing on my old computer where it's working, and I cannot get to the place to enter the FTP information.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: How do I publish?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 12:22:20 AM »
After installing on THIS machine, did you unlock it by putting in your serial number?
The program will stop working after 30 day trial and must be unlocked every time it is installed.

I click okay and then I get error messages.
What do they say?

I don't see the "publish anywhere" feature that Trellix has on my old computer.  I see "Web Provider" or other options, but no "publish anywhere." 
What version of the software is installed (check help, about)?
You may not have the SAME version installed.  You may have one of the FREE versions installed that only published to specific hosts (no longer work).

Do you have more than one version of Trellix installed on the machine?
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )