Author Topic: GlobalSCAPE Forum has been replaced and new product too!  (Read 2768 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
GlobalSCAPE Forum has been replaced and new product too!
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
The new 2012 version of the GlobalSCAPE forum has arrived.

Nice looking but is missing basic reporting features and they have not assigned moderators yet.
The CuteSite Builder information is intact, in the Discontinued product area.
links and highlights are wacky but the posts are otherwise intact for reference.

They bought out another company and will now be offering TAPPIN
With TappIn by GlobalSCAPE, users can safely access data directly from most operating systems, platforms, and mobile devices. This eliminates the need for uploading, syncing, or paying for additional cloud storage. The TappIn service securely accesses the user’s existing storage devices, allows sharing files of any size, and provides encryption to safeguard content.

“Our goal is to enable users to focus on what they want to do rather than the technology behind it,” said Morris. “Instead of requiring that all data be stored in a central location, the TappIn service allows users to store the data where they want it and access it when and where they need it.”
http://www.globalscape.com/products/tappin.aspx
http://www.tappin.com/
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
Re: GlobalSCAPE Forum has been replaced and new product too!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 02:10:40 PM »
Tappin looks like a fabulous product, so I downloaded the free version to try it out. By the time we tried it, they had a new version so my old version didn't work.

They told me they had an updated version (but they didn't notify anybody) and I had to download and install it.

I asked for the location of the updated file so I could download it, and I asked if I needed to uninstall the old version.

Instead of answering my questions, they congratulated me on installing the new version.

We went back and forth for a while - they keep talking about my iPhone and Android devices, even though I have told them I don't have any mobile devices, just a computer.

I never got an answer to my questions, so I finally gave up an uninstalled Tappin.

If they cannot even send me a url to the page where I can download the software - after 3 requests - then I certainly don't trust them with access to files on my computer.

By the way, I am using CrashPlan for online backup, and it has worked quite well.

Xara is working out great too. I still don't understand all the "layers." If you drag a picture onto your Xara page and it doesn't show up - check the Layers and see which one is active.

Thanks again for all of your great work Samantha, we appreciate it more than you know.

Better and better

Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: GlobalSCAPE Forum has been replaced and new product too!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:56:38 PM »
Sorry I missed your post.

Thanks for letting us know your experience and for the recommendation for the other backup option.  Hearing feedback is the best way to find out about existing and new remedies.  We all appreciate you taking the time and sharing.

Tickled to hear you like the Xara product.  The latest version is definitely nice.  Layers are a strange concept at first but once you get used to which layer is your master with the others being overlays/rollovers, they are fun to work with.

The latest version of xara design pro x finally has two of my favorite features:  erasure and color replacement
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )