Author Topic: I'll be your huckleberry  (Read 9172 times)

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
I'll be your huckleberry
« on: January 23, 2007, 11:18:27 AM »
First thread in this forum NOT by the administrator.  :kickdancing:

Good luck Sam.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: I'll be your huckleberry
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 12:23:19 PM »
Thanks Fred!  Glad to have you aboard.

Made sure you got the PIRATE avatar I imported. And even made sure you have access to the PIRATE smiley so you would be welcome. :pirate:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 12:45:37 PM »
I noticed that. Thanks very much. I indeed feel very welcome. Quick question without getting too political. Hillary? In or out?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »
I KNEW you would start something.... rofl   Glad to have you around to spice things up! ;)

BUT....I don't want to start a political war on this forum and will watch this thread. :police:  If it takes a nasty turn I will pull it.  No soap boxes please.  There are plenty of forums and blogs for those dialogs.

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION and worth what you paid for it:
I am confident that Hilary will not carry the democratic nomination by the end of the convention.  If I am wrong about that and she does, the democratic party will not win against the Republican party, no matter who they nominate. This opinion is based solely on the fact that there are still HUGE numbers of people in this country that would never vote for a woman president no matter WHICH party she stood for or her political leanings.

[I will NOT go on record on this forum about my own political biases. This is not the right place for that type of discussion.]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 02:31:20 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »
Hey Fred, welcome to the forum!   :clapping: We look forward to your always entertaining contributions!
Rick
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
    • The Slagles
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 02:37:27 PM »
Hillary? In or out?

Welcome Fred, and I'm sure Hillary is in if she wants access to the forum

I know it is a little early but we need to begin planning for September 19th, International Talk-Like-A-Pirate day.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Sami, ok if I add it to the calendar?

We had a lot of fun on another forum last year.

I still have one web site up with September 19th wording, http://www.kiotibynet.com/ (and I just noticed the pirates head is chopped off.  Always something) :banghead:

Jim

Offline hidden

• Master Guru!
  • Expert Member
  • keep on learning
    • The Pets Cornner
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 02:43:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum Fred  :)
-turtle

treasure your pets   :turtleblink:

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 04:50:57 PM »
Welcome aboard MATEY!

Hillary who???

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

Did you see the new Hillary bumper stickers yet? They say Run Hillary! and the dems put them on the back bumper and the reps put them on the front!

rofl
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 05:19:42 PM »
Now that's funny I don't care who you support.  :P

Personally, I'm a Hillary fan. I'm an anything but a man fan to be honest. I'd take a moose at this point.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 06:53:15 PM »
I agree...Wanda that was funny!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 07:48:24 PM »
 :D I'm glad this isn't one of those sites where NO HUMOR is tolerated! I mean giving help professionally when needed is important - but where would we all be if we couldn't laugh - even at ourselves sometimes?

When I have the time I peek in on two very humorous forums just to see what is going on and get involved. It is amazing how much good that does me. I can be in the middle of the most challenging and frustrating thing and go there and have a giggle or turn my brain around to think of a snappy come back and I feel refreshed after that. A smile is good for the soul!

(I know its hard to be bipartisan! lol - I hoped that would be ok)
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 10:21:34 PM »
It was just fine. rofl  Funny for both sides.  I work for a staunch republican and am related to a staunch democrat and BOTH found it hilarious. Difficult to do but you did it!!! :clapping:

Laughter SHOULD be a part of this forum.  :boogie: 
Enjoy. Have fun.  Be welcome here.
Just please don't post sarcastic humor that can hurt or be biting or at the expense of others.  I will pull that.

And Fred....just so you know, that moose got a second vote from my mother tonight. LOL
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 10:15:24 AM »
I'm sharing this everywhere I can sixdegrees.org

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 01:19:39 PM »
Sharing the joke?
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 06:47:16 PM »
I don't consider charity a joke but, whatever floats your boat. (Actually I think some charities are a joke) just not this one.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 06:59:16 PM »
I was at the office and usually do not open links to sites while I am there.  I thought (without seeing the site) that you were sharing the joke from Wanda on another forum, hence my question.

Tonight I got home and opened the link.  Very interesting.  What a neat way to convert a silly six degrees game to something special!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 07:57:49 PM »
I think it's probably the greatest innovation in charities we've seen in a while -- and we'll see again in quite a while. The psychology behind the motivational aspect of the "charity for charities" is compelling and will literally create a new reason to give. Ego. So simple. What's the record for most redundancies in one post? The sites been up about 24 hours and raised over 70 grand already.  :D

I'm thinking about starting my own charity. Something for children. I was the second guy in on the Coats for Kids charity. We really did well for a few years until we went our separate ways. I'm still an active fund raiser and collection center but I'd like to do something on my own. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:11:19 PM by Lake Pirate »