Author Topic: <Notify Styx> samsite forum post </Notify Styx>  (Read 4744 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
    • 'a la carte' PR
<Notify Styx> samsite forum post </Notify Styx>
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »
Hi Samantha .. good day!

On this forum, I been unable :banghead: to find the 'switch' to set which would notify me of any post.
I have accomplished same on the Globalscape/CSB forum.

Any suggestion?
Regards..
..Styx

Parkinson's Third Law:
Expansion means complexity and complexity decays.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: <Notify Styx> samsite forum post </Notify Styx>
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 07:38:49 AM »
These are the settings in this forum:
SMF allows you to be notified of replies to posts, newly posted topics, and forum announcements. You can change those settings here, or oversee the topics and boards you are currently receiving notifications for. 
 -  Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.
 -  Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.

I would recommend you check BOTH. 

For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of: 

- Replies and Moderation
 - Moderation only if I started it
 - Only Replies
 - Nothing at all.

I would recommend Replies and Moderation

To request notifications from a specific board, click the "notify" button in the index of that board.
To receive notifications from a topic, click the "notify" button while viewing it. But that's not necessary if you already have the board set.  If you don't want to click the WHOLE board, just one or two topics on the board, then use a topic notification.

There is no GLOBAL setting that I know of so you would get notification of any/all replies.  You would need to set each board individually. And when I add new boards and you see them with new posts, you will need to set the NOTIFY on them.

I personally do not get notifications in my email.  I find them annoying. With the exception of when a NEW MEMBER has joined!  :boogie:   Instead I just come over to the forum to see who has been here, what's doing...
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )