Author Topic: Word Association Game  (Read 960972 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Word Association Game
« Reply #2300 on: December 20, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
pounding
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
« Reply #2301 on: December 20, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »
elephants
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2302 on: December 20, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »
pink
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2303 on: December 21, 2009, 03:34:18 AM »
Floyd
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2304 on: December 21, 2009, 09:44:51 AM »
wall
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2305 on: December 21, 2009, 03:34:02 PM »
great

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2306 on: December 21, 2009, 07:26:21 PM »
defense
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #2307 on: December 22, 2009, 04:50:33 AM »
attack

(Sami, The show is not really that kind of mediation. I was stretching the boundaries of the word.)
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2308 on: December 22, 2009, 07:21:16 AM »
towers

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2309 on: December 23, 2009, 06:28:34 AM »
twin

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2310 on: December 23, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »
cities

ah....like saying the Jerry Springer show is a "talk" show.  :D
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2311 on: December 24, 2009, 03:48:02 AM »
lost

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2312 on: December 25, 2009, 10:11:34 AM »
horizon

Merry Christmas!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2313 on: December 25, 2009, 11:52:38 AM »
encounter

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2314 on: December 25, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »
3rd
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2315 on: December 26, 2009, 04:58:09 AM »
kind

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2316 on: December 26, 2009, 03:11:24 PM »
close

(*should have come first  :D)
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2317 on: December 28, 2009, 03:42:53 AM »
aliens
:alien:

BTW: Who of you guys believes that there are others kind of lives in other planets ?
All of you really think that we are completely alone in the vast immensity of the universe?
This theme has always fascinated me, but not from the fiction point of view, but from the serious reality.
Another thing: how big is the Universe… It’s hard to accept that it is endless. In an hypothetical straight trip, having all the speed and time available, where I should arrive?.  I have my own theory about it.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2318 on: December 28, 2009, 08:12:44 PM »
sci-fi

I think it has not been proven that there is life in the universe other than ours.
I think that day will eventually come.
I doubt we are the only planet with a form of life on it. 
Just not likely with so many planets, stars, moons.....
Besides, no where in the bible does it say that this planet is the only one with life. 
LOL - The universe is endless only because we have not found the end.  :) 

What is your theory Tony??
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2319 on: December 29, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »
Martian

I think it is inevitable there must be life on other planets. But what form does it take? Most sci-fi shows aliens as being like modified humans, but life elsewhere may take a form we have not imagined.

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2320 on: December 29, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »
coming  :D

I think that we are not the only ones in the Universe.  However, the physical aspect of others forms of life will be determined by the environment, as the Earth conditions did with us. Our characteristics are product of millions of years of evolution. If for example, there were life in Jupiter, the “persons” must weight much more than us, consequently their feet or legs or whatever they have to support their weight should be designed in consequence. If they do not need oxygen to breathe, they wouldn't have nose, and so forth…

All is relative, the Himalaya, or an entire Continent are huge compared with us, normal people, as well as a human is much bigger than a sand grain… this grain is enormous compared with an atomic particle… and chances are that this small atomic particle is  immense compared with something we haven’t discovered yet.

That’s my theory: we are a minuscule part (or big, depending from where it is seeing) of something much bigger, which in turn, is part of a bigger one, which in turn is part of… and so on. The space between planets would be the same space existing molecularly between atoms, protons, etc..Only this way I can understand the immensity of the Universe: there will be always something bigger and bigger and bigger... in the opposite way, there will be always something smaller and smaller and smaller... :o

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2321 on: December 29, 2009, 08:22:31 PM »
Chronicle

(no not coming, previous!  In Martian Chronicles we learn that people from earth populated Mars many generations ago)

I have often wondered if we were a science project for some larger being. Like the earth is just one large ant farm.  :D    

Tony, from your post, I take it you believe in evolution of the human form.  I don't.  I agree evolution takes place, changing species to fit environments (deveoloping camoflage, protective abilities, etc). But I still believe that MAN was placed here on earth.  Whether we were placed by God into the garden of eden or by crashed aliens, or on purpose I don't know. I believe our species was not a evolutionary development but of specific design.  I am a christian that believes in science too. Both the bible and the scientists have their understanding of the universe and I ride between the two accepting that both concepts may have PART of the answer.  Even if the big-bang theory is correct how the universe began  with an explosion, SOMEONE/SOMETHING had to put the necessary particles together to create the explosion.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:29:54 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2322 on: December 31, 2009, 12:27:09 AM »
Bible

Sami, I am with Tony. Although I am also a Christian, I believe fully in the concept of evolution. I can't accept that MAN was placed here on Earth. I think the concept of God (or someone) creating Man and putting him on Earth was simply a primitive peoples way of understanding and explaining how it all happened, since evidence of what really happened did not come until much later. I think it is possible to believe in both God (of which there are many versions among the people on Earth), and the concept of how we evolved.

The mysteries of the universe, of which we know so little, just reinforce that as we learn more, we will need to re-examine our earlier explanations of how things happened.

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2323 on: December 31, 2009, 04:14:32 AM »
book

...was simply a primitive peoples way of understanding and explaining how it all happened...

It's exactly what I have always thought...  :TUP:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2324 on: December 31, 2009, 10:22:46 AM »
inspired

The mysteries of the universe, of which we know so little, just reinforce that as we learn more, we will need to re-examine our earlier explanations of how things happened.
:agree:

The bible is a marvelous historical document. Written by men. With men's understanding.  Much of it has been proven to be accurate. But not all.  I can accept that it is a work by men and their understanding of events.  I also think that is was inspired by God and is in no way complete.  Even if you believe in evolution (I do) it is not beyond possibility to accept that Adam/Eve were not evolved to that level, but placed into an ecosystem that already existed.  Either through divine placement or by other means it is possible that Adam/Eve were not originally from earth.  How do we know that the earth was not teraformed specifically for them?? 

Even as science reaches outward and inward, those discoveries have not changed my original beliefs. Those discoveries actually help to strengthen my core.  The more we know, the more we know that there is far more to know. 
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2325 on: December 31, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »
doctrine

Sami, do you really believe that all started with a single pair of adult humans, landed or placed in earth?

At that time, when the bible was written, there was other way of mass communication but the word. Anybody could say his own version of facts, probably heard from another person which, in turn, had his own convenient/modified/adjusted version.
- "A lie becomes true when repeated often enough"
- "A lie becomes true when you believe in it"
- "Ten thousand times repeated, a lie becomes true"
- "A lie becomes true with the passage of time"

This is what people say, I'm not saying that the bible is a lie, OK? just change the word "lie" for "version"  ;)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2326 on: December 31, 2009, 02:28:11 PM »
belief    :TUP:

Tony I am not threatened or scared of the topic and I accept that you may or may not have differing opinions from my own.  I am not offended and hope you are not because we see things differently.  :)

single pair of adult humans, landed or placed in earth?
Do you have proof that did not happen? I do not. I believe it is possible.
Just as I believe it is possible that we are not alone in the universe.

According to the bible, life spans were hundreds of years for the earliest people with no disease, no genetic problems.... given simple mathematic progression, it would not take long for a full varied population.   Simple math makes the scenario possible!

If each generation had 2 children each, in 10 you would have 1024 people.  Assuming you have a new generation every 15 years (adolescence), those it would take only 135 years to arrive at the 1024 people!

PEOPLE: 2   4   8   16   32   64   128   256   512   1024
YEARS:        15   30   45   60   75   90   105   120   135

At some point, it comes down to FAITH.
Two of my favorite bible quotes:
“Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)”
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and don't lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)”

Over time, books have been taken out of the bible (Catholic church removed some), others had translation issues changing the meanings... but as I said, I believe the bible is a work written by several men, inspired by God. It can not fully represent everything that God is since it was written from man's perspective. But that does not remove it's importance or its teachings.  Many of the historical places, people and events have been documented and verified using other sources made during the same periods.  I took two courses in college (1-old testament, 2 new testament) where we studied the content as historical reference rather than a book of religion. WONDERFUL courses. Though they were not intended to teach religion or doctrine, the end result was that the courses helped to strengthen my resolve, my belief, my faith.

The old T is basically rules for living...cleanliness, washing, toilet, cooking, marriage, rules and laws to prevent bacteria and other nasties from attacking human populations.  NOW the reasons why you should not put your waste treatment upstream of your drinking water makes sense. We know about infections, germs, inbreeding, so many things that were not understood at that time, yet the book was written as a set of rules to protect.  They were written in a way that could be understood by the people of that time. It was SO FAR advanced of man's knowledge when it was written.  

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:37:55 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2327 on: December 31, 2009, 03:37:04 PM »
trust

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2328 on: January 01, 2010, 07:29:32 AM »
GOD

Simple math makes the scenario possible!

If each generation had 2 children each, in 10 you would have 1024 people.  Assuming you have a new generation every 15 years (adolescence), those it would take only 135 years to arrive at the 1024 people!

PEOPLE: 2   4   8   16   32   64   128   256   512   1024
YEARS:        15   30   45   60   75   90   105   120   135

Sami, in your math... in 135 years nobody dies??

“Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)”
  :yes: :TUP:

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and don't lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)”
 :noshake: for me. It sounds like doctrine.

:TUP:
 Good year Sami !!  :flowers:

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2329 on: January 01, 2010, 02:25:37 PM »
Buddha

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2330 on: January 03, 2010, 10:22:05 AM »
belly

Sami, in your math... in 135 years nobody dies??
According to the bible, life spans were hundreds of years for the earliest people
Besides, just a simplistic example...some people may die, others may have more children....
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2331 on: January 03, 2010, 11:03:06 AM »
smile

:)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2332 on: January 03, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »
grin

:D

from belly to smile   ???
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2333 on: January 03, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »
expression

:D
Have you seen the Buddha's face?

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2334 on: January 03, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »
poker - face (no expression)

Tony is referring to the Laughing Buddha (sometimes called the Smiling Buddha) with the big belly and cheesy smile!

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2335 on: January 03, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »
full

:TUP: Rick

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2336 on: January 03, 2010, 11:00:11 PM »
HOUSE

AH! Thanks.  Yes.  Now makes sense.  :yes:
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2337 on: January 04, 2010, 03:43:44 AM »
CARDS

(Did you get the British mini-series House of Cards? - Brilliant!)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2338 on: January 04, 2010, 07:55:04 AM »
games

nope not that one.
Got to watch Vicar of Dibley this weekend.   :TUP:  Totally foolish fun.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2339 on: January 04, 2010, 08:35:33 AM »
pastime

neither do I...
There is a serious and real poker game show on air here (with real bets and money) , but I don't follow it.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2340 on: January 04, 2010, 05:51:51 PM »
gambling

we have a couple shows about poker. rarely watch them.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2341 on: January 05, 2010, 02:47:53 AM »
addiction

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2342 on: January 05, 2010, 03:27:13 AM »
drug    :o  :yuck:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2343 on: January 06, 2010, 08:36:40 AM »
woozy
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #2344 on: January 06, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »
woodstock

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2345 on: January 07, 2010, 01:20:40 AM »
1969 (is that a word?  ???)

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #2346 on: January 07, 2010, 02:51:02 AM »
peace

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2347 on: January 07, 2010, 04:19:40 AM »
hippie

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #2348 on: January 07, 2010, 05:33:09 PM »
hair

:hug: <--I have not noticed this smiley before. Good one Sami!

Have you ever seen a hippie smiley?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2349 on: January 07, 2010, 06:50:30 PM »
headband

glad you liked the HUG.  :hug:   Needed it.  Added that the same day I added the THUMBS UP.  :TUP:
Have you ever seen a hippie smiley?
Sure. Just for grins, I added a hippie to the POPUP smilies form (more link)
 :hippie:
-Samantha