Author Topic: space between tables  (Read 3626 times)

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
space between tables
« on: January 04, 2010, 04:48:47 PM »
First - Happy New Year to everyone and I hope your future if bright. My question for you veteran web site makers is ... if you go to my home page at www.mckenzieriverboats.com ... there is a great deal of space at the bottom of my writing and the next table that holds the pictures of my boats. When I am building my website there is no space there. But after I publish it there is lots of space ... I need to get these objects closer ... do you know how I might accomplish this?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: space between tables
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 05:50:22 PM »
2 standard things:

1) Turn on ALL your table lines, inside and outside and PRUNE.
 Looks like you have extra tables inside tables inside tables when I view your site.
You can always hide the lines again (use dotted lines inside/outside).
2) IN CSB, on the TOOLS menu, choose OPTIONS, TEXT tab.
Check the box to show hidden characters, especially SPACES.  You will see ...... whereever you have extra spaces.  They DO NOT publish!  You can leave this on all the time (I do) to keep from having          extra     spaces that can cause problems!
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:29:59 AM »
you always reply ... thanks, but when I do the things you mention I don't see that much space between the tables (the text is in a table) when I am working in csb. I also have a laptop mac and when I view my website in the mac the spacing is correct ... why is that?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 08:33:22 AM »
Note that when you have a table INSIDE another table, you can have an issue with extra spacing.
CSB (all versions) can publish with extra spaces below tables when they are placed inside other tables.
No work around other than setting you font size below the table to 2 to shorten the gap.

Mac and PC do not match? Sounds like your RESOLUTION is different.  
Can make a big difference.

How big is the TLX design file?  Could you send it to me so I can see?
samrcat    
at
gmail.com

Up to 10mb can be emailed to that.  Or I could give you FTP access if it is too big to email.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )