Author Topic: CMS program  (Read 7135 times)

Offline hidden

• Tolkien Queen
  • Expert Member
CMS program
« on: June 03, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »
I was thinking of blogging and simple CMS programs, which I've been looking at some because of the ability to edit the content from anywhere. Also not quite CSB-style, and maybe not technically considered online editing, but there are so many options it's hard to tell how a program operates without looking at the specific product.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: CMS program
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:22:40 PM »
Highly recommend you go to the OpenSourceCMS site.  They have set up MANY samples of Blog, forum, CMS, e-commerce software you can test right on their site.  Great way to see if you like that type of program without having to install it first!  I tried SMF and a a couple other forums there before installing here.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 08:43:11 PM »
I giving this a while with Post Nuke.
For me it's an UP HILL CLIMB!!

Still I did get it up and running. I installed the .764 version and the .80 rc1 version, I would say at this point, stick with the .764 version. It's stable, stuff works, and there is some help out there for it. I would call it “user friendly” on the admin side. Also, I had to get my hosting service, iPowerweb, to get me on a newer version of mySQL I must say though, it looks like it could be lots of fun for you and your users, in my case, me and me. From reading other posts around, the Joomla program is very popular.

Please post back your experiences.

Best of Luck,
Pat Jr.
ubuntu - ===  fedora -  F8 ===  OpenOffice 2.3  === KDE 4.0 is ===  GNOME === take Puppy for a spin puppylinux.org it's free! ===

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:27:42 AM »
here is another program I came across

http://textpattern.com/

ubuntu - ===  fedora -  F8 ===  OpenOffice 2.3  === KDE 4.0 is ===  GNOME === take Puppy for a spin puppylinux.org it's free! ===

Offline hidden

• Master Guru!
  • Expert Member
  • keep on learning
    • The Pets Cornner
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:20:02 PM »
Wordpress is a very popular blogger.
If you have cpanel, it may be an easy install.
Other wise there are instructions on their site.
-turtle

treasure your pets   :turtleblink:

Offline hidden

• ???
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 02:15:41 AM »
I've been thinking about using www.texty.com  for my smaller sites - it's supposed to be really easy to use and update

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Life in the Slow Lane
    • Lee's Fishing Page
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 01:38:44 PM »
I was thinking of blogging and simple CMS programs, which I've been looking at some because of the ability to edit the content from anywhere. Also not quite CSB-style, and maybe not technically considered online editing, but there are so many options it's hard to tell how a program operates without looking at the specific product.

I would highly recommend using GLFusion.  This is a great product that is free and easy to use.  The people supporting it are great and prompt with answers.  Check out their web site it is great.

Lee
Lee Goldsmith
Lee's Fishing Page
Acton, ME  04001