Author Topic: WYSIWYG WEB BUILDER - Comments PASTED from GS CSB board  (Read 15421 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
WYSIWYG WEB BUILDER - Comments PASTED from GS CSB board
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:05:30 AM »
CONCRETE on 10/24/2006

The other day I ran across  this neat program WYSISYG Web Builder. It has an active forum, lots of help, and is full of features. Look at this web site to see what you all think.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/  You can try it free for (30) days
Ron

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: WYSIWYG WEB BUILDER - Comments PASTED from GS CSB board
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 09:07:45 AM »
CONCRETE on 10/25/2006
I've been more impressed with WYSIWYG Web Builder than any so far. They are about to have a major new release. If you look on there forum they tell what some of the new features will be. This really looks like a great program. I was able to put a web page together in about 1/2 hour without reading any of the tutorials. I think now if I read all the turorials I can really get some work done.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Ron
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 12:59:35 AM »
Hi: I am trying this program now but I am having trouble with page sizes and resolution. I am still trying to make for 800x600 but having it look good in larger screen res. I can't seem to get it through my head how it works. there is a line graph that is supposed to represent the bounds for 800 but It don't work for me. also I am having trouble with not putting everything inside tables. Would like anyones views on this program. I think it does a pile of stuff but getting started seems hard. thanks jean

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »
The program does seem loaded!  Totally different feel from CSB but very interesting.
Might really like this one.... First impression is quite nice.

I loaded in a template for the first time. Seems the easiest way to get started.  I tried a business template.
When I did a test publish I noticed that the program could not create a new directory like CSB does. It was necessary for me to use an FTP program (or file manager/control panel) on my own site to create my new subdirectory, THEN publish. Didn't like that.  :(  The first test publish is at this location with ONLY THE MAIN PAGE, no others! I'm in the process of tweaking it now.  It's easy to add text boxes and graphics to the pages.

The template was built to fit an 800x600 window, and automatically centers everything on the page.
You might try that.  Add and subtract things from the template, change colors, etc.  Then at least you have a starting point.

Will check into HOW to center all if building from scratch.... Hang in and give me a couple days to get back to that one, and republish my playing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 09:41:23 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 09:22:19 PM »
I tried this one too and liked the site manager feature that is missing in Site Spinner. It was a top contender after my trials.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 05:51:08 AM »
Hi All
As a user of Cutesite Builder for many years, I have been looking for familiar software to take its place. I stumbled upon WYSIWYG Web Builder and got excited about it, but alas, when I download the zip file, the folder is empty.  Does anyone know if it is compatable with Windows XP Pro ?

Thank U

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 08:21:40 AM »
Yup I played with this one... bought it (ran out of my 30 day trial and it was not expensive)

Read about your zip file here:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3466&sid=75a4598004cf33d892eea3bbd6607e01
Your temp files may be full.  Clear and try again.
You might also want to temp turn off your ANTIVIRUS and once downloaded turn it back on again.  You can scan the file once it is on your hard drive if you want.  But sometimes antivirus gets snotty about allowing software IN.

:ss-shocked:  ...never mind.... now I see that you already posted on their forum and got an answer.  :)
THey sent you to the same place I did, the FAQ list.
-Samantha