Author Topic: Google Chrome Browser  (Read 5543 times)

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
Google Chrome Browser
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:45:02 AM »
Is anyone using the Google Chrome Browser?  ???

Any pro's and con's about it?
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Google Chrome Browser
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »
Hi I am not but I am in a forum with some who are and they like it. I haven't heard of any complaints yet from them.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 01:29:34 PM »
Not yet.  Next week.  This week is JAMMMMMMMMED up.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 05:55:09 AM »
I tried it. Starts up really fast but then there are no add-ins installed. Loads pages faster than Firefox so I am impressed. I just do not know how secure it is.

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:07:40 AM »
Security is one reason I haven't upgraded since it is yet unknown. But also I have come to love the many unique add ons FF has and the extra security of it so I have pretty much switched to it for personal browsing any way. I will add chrome when I have to look at a web site I am building on it I guess. I hope I can add it separate from the EX I am using so I can still check on that as well.

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 02:26:06 PM »
My FF was getting sluggish. I thought it was the long lists of bookmarks, but I imported them into Chrome and Chrome flies loading pages in about half the time of FF which has even become slower than IE7, so I think it must be the add-on's in FF that make it slow because I've cleared the history & cookies etc. Got to clear some of them add-on's because because I also like my FF.

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 04:12:01 AM »
I have limited add ons but the ones I really love & I haven't seen any slow downs at all. It is just as fast or faster than IE for me. That just must be it.

Unless... you haven't cleaned your resgistry in a while. That frequently causes browswer slow downs.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 08:40:41 AM »
I have limited add ons but the ones I really love & I haven't seen any slow downs at all. It is just as fast or faster than IE for me.
I also limit add-ons.  And my FF is MUCH faster than IE on work machine.

Unless... you haven't cleaned your resgistry in a while. That frequently causes browswer slow downs.
Careful with those registry cleaners.  Have seen them do more HARM than good, including breaking software.
Backup registry BEFORE you make any major changes so you can go back!

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 07:14:38 AM »
It's going faster again :hapscream:. Cleared tons of cookies, some add-ons :'(, except for favorite ones, etc. I've actually set it to clear most things on exit :tinydogblack:.
 :thankyousign:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 08:57:51 AM »
Congrats!!!   :boogie:

I added Google Chrome to my home machine. 
Relieved to say that CSB sites actually do quite well in that browser too.   :clapping:

Still prefer FF, then IE, then Chrome.

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 05:34:26 PM »

Careful with those registry cleaners.  Have seen them do more HARM than good, including breaking software.
Backup registry BEFORE you make any major changes so you can go back!
[/quote]

I use registry mechanic and so far no problems at all. It does an auto back up before it fixes or deletes anything. I have used it for several years without it breaking anything. :-)

Some of the free ones have a really bad rep that I am aware of.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 06:55:18 PM »
I use CCleaner for maintenance. It is free and CAN do too much. The USER has the ability to use too many features.  I choose to only use some features.  The reg cleaner (not really a scrubber like some are) also has reg backup before change and you have the line item veto for EVERYTHING! 
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 11:30:13 PM »
Yep another forum I visit has many many complaints about CCleaner. But I can tell the users are not as knowledgeable as you. I think too much power in some hands is not a good thing. lol Reg Mech also gives you line item veto.