Author Topic: Is this the end of CSB 5 ?  (Read 4659 times)

Offline hidden

Is this the end of CSB 5 ?
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
Tonight I just tried to publish my changes to my website and now it's not only greyed out but there is no publishing.
Is this the end of CSB 5 or is it something else.?
I might add accessing my website is no problem.
Arthur

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Is this the end of CSB 5 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »
wow... do you have another web site you could try publishing a small csb file to in order to check the site status itself? Or can you make a single page in a new file and try publishing that in a new file you create on your host to check that aspect?

I would try these things first to help narrow down the problem.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:58:26 PM »
I just tried my other desktop XP and it was the same thing. (The 1st PC was Vista)
If you don't have a problem publishing in CSB5 then maybe the site is being worked on.
Arthur

Offline hidden

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »
I just tried my other site which is only 1 image & it won't publish either.
When I 1st click on CSB5 I used to get a menu of files now I get only a CSB5 screen & have to goto file and open the one I want then do any adding or editing.  When I go up and click on publish it is grayed out and nothing happens. I wonder if anyone else can publish using the CSB5 feature?
My simple info site is  http://www.arthurhewett.info/ & the other site  http://www.arthurhewett.com/
Both websites can be normally visited but no publishing from CSB5?
Arthur
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:21:55 PM by arthurghewett »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 11:48:36 PM »
CSB 5 DOES work on Vista and XP.  Many people use it on both.  I use it on XP and I personally know others on Vista, successfully publishing for several months on Vista.  A friend of mine on Vista has 14 subdirectory files for his site and all function normally.

and now it's not only greyed out but there is no publishing.
Could you take a screen print and post it?

1) Did you put in your serial number to unlock the program?  If you do not have the serial number in tje program, CSB WILL stop working, will stop publishing after the 30 day trial period!  If you haven't put in your serial number, do it under the HELP menu (register).  Other than that trial period, CSB has no "end date" built in.

2) If you have your serial number in the program and still can not publish, then it sounds like your copy of CSB 5 has been damaged in some way.

Have you recently done any cleaning on your computer?  How about registry cleaners or getting rid of unused files?
Have you recently added or removed any programs, updated your computer, made ANY changes on the computer?

It's possible that something legitimately or inappropriately has removed one or more of the necessary dll files used by CSB 5.  Download a fresh copy of CSB 5 and reinstall it.

And I am confused a bit by your post.  BOTH machines have CSB 5 on them, and BOTH have grayed out publishing?  Go to your HELP ABOUT in both computers and see if you have registered both.

I know you have used CSB for a LONG time.  Did you upgrade to CSB 5 and get the serial number when it was for sale by GlobalSCAPE?  Or did you just decide to go to version 5 when you went to Vista? 
(I expect that you got the CSB 5 from GlobalSCAPE not from a warez website that is selling a CRACKED version of the program) 

If you would like someone to test your tlx design file, I would be willing to do that but I expect your tlx design file is fine, your CSB program is the issue.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:03:52 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 03:33:44 AM »
I have been using CSB5 for quite awhile. Recently my Magicjack phone went out and their support took me to places where no man has traveled before, ( I might add Magicjack is still not working).
They must have deleted a file that was needed for CBS5.
I re-installed CSB5 and everything is working again. Serial number was already there but the publish parameters had to be done again.
Everything seems to be working again.
Thanks for your alls help.
Arthur

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »
Yup... Glad to be of help.  Glad to hear that you are back and working again.

The CSB program has a very stable history and does not "break" suddenly unless there are outside influences.
Relieved to hear you did not get an infection on the machine that tampered with the windows files.
Hope you get your Magicjack running again.  One of the ladies in the office uses it to talk with her mother in another country.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »
Glad you got it fixed.  :bdballoon:
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »
I thought I would let you all know?
The Magicjack replacement came in several days ago, installed and working again.
I thought the old problem was when support told me to format and the magicjack had only 1 directory not 2 as I thought . I finall ask support to send me a new replacement which they did. Now call in & out.
Arthur H
 :offtopic:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 08:44:29 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
-Samantha