Author Topic: Explorer vs Firefox how things show up  (Read 3838 times)

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Explorer vs Firefox how things show up
« on: November 15, 2007, 06:28:12 AM »
Has anyone had some types of inserted codeing such as a flash, java or animated gifs that wre being referenced from another web site - such as things people put on myspaces - not show up on explorer that did show up on firefox?

Any ideas what would cause such a thing? I have checked settings over and over.. no clues so far.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Explorer vs Firefox how things show up
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:15:31 AM »
Check setting in TOOLS, OPTIONS in IE.  You may be limiting types of content, or content from external sites.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 05:11:35 PM »
I went through all of the settings that were suspect and changed them off and on one by one to find nothing. Also - adding one code to a space caused one of the browsers - firefox - to not show something else on the page - while explorer showed it just fine. I removed it and everything went back to normal on both browsers.

Explorer is the one that is currently not showing the missing element - yet in firefox it is there and workable - since I have checked all settings I could think of - I am stumped.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 05:43:43 PM »
can we see or only in private site?
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 10:09:11 PM »
I will PM you about it .. its not really a private site but the content might not be the best for general audience.  :-[ If you decide after I tell you about it to take a look, maybe you can answer here if you have any ideas in case anyone else has the problem.. and if not lol thats OK too... still trying to figure it out

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 05:58:13 AM »
I have to admit I was hesitant to mention the address lol It isn't a private site but it does contain some adult humor and such -- Its a myspace so its not THAT bad but for here I would rather not refer readers to there as I don't think it is appropriate for a family audience. What I did do was to add that specific item to another type of site and it showed up OK in both Firefox and Explorer. It  must be some kind of conflict in the actual site layout where other types of files are embedded. Really, I don't understand it still and wish I could figure it out. Its one of those things that is really bugging me to fix.

So I have eliminated that it is my browser settings -- any other ideas?