Author Topic: Photo Razor  (Read 6293 times)

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
Photo Razor
« on: May 19, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »
:idea: I came across this useful utility that I have been testing the last couple of weeks which you may find useful. It's called PhotoRazor from Stormdance and it can resize a whole folder of photos to the same size in a couple of clicks. I find it ideal for making large pictures smaller especially for standardizing sizes for web pages and it is free. Stormdance also have some other useful utilities and there is a user forum too. There is even a web design software but I haven't tried it. See their homepage for their cool stuff.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Photo Razor vs Ez Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:08:24 AM »
Looks Lovely.

Many of us have used the freeware Ez Thumbnails by FOOKES for years to do this same thing.  Can set your smaller image to any size you need, save to separate folder or within the same folder while adding a prefix to each new file name. (ex myfile.jpg would stay with that name but the thumbnail would become tn_myfile.jpg)  Ez Thumbnails also allows for simple adjustments to photos too (Brightness, sharpness, contrast, rotation and adjust the quality of the exported jpg image.  New version even supports gif images (haven't upgraded yet).
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
Re: Photo Razor
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 10:02:49 AM »
Thanks, I'll take a look.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Master Guru!
  • Expert Member
  • keep on learning
    • The Pets Cornner
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 01:03:10 PM »
Irfanview can also do thumbnails in the batch conversion mode.
-turtle

treasure your pets   :turtleblink:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 02:47:22 PM »
Yup.  Used Irfanview for it and even written batch macro in PSP9 for it, but I still prefer EZ Thumbnails for it.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 02:07:11 PM »
Thanks for the Link.
I'll have to try it out, price is right!

There is SO MUCH cool free GOOD sofware out there! Takes so hunting and testing but that's part of the fun.

ubuntu - ===  fedora -  F8 ===  OpenOffice 2.3  === KDE 4.0 is ===  GNOME === take Puppy for a spin puppylinux.org it's free! ===