Author Topic: SIMPLE basic counter for ads  (Read 3077 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
SIMPLE basic counter for ads
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »
Want to have a SIMPLE BASIC no-frills script that allows you to count how many clicks are made on a particular link?
I have used the PHP script cCount for about 5 years on a friend's site and it is still free, still works without problems.

h**p://www.phpjunkyard.com/
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • INTP
Re: SIMPLE basic counter for ads
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:30:38 PM »
That sounds useful.
Actually, the fact that it's cool is good enough for me ahahah.
Got a friend who will be interested, that is, if she hasn't given up on her website...or started yet another business!
"We live on the surface of a 4-dimensional doughnut." Marcus Du Sautoy

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: SIMPLE basic counter for ads
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »
I just added it to my "business" site aWebWench.com so it can count when certain example ads are clicked (if they are clicked).
Simple counter nothing more.  Basically it works by sending the link to the counter code which forwards the visitor to the destination (no delay/hesitation and not noticiable to the visitor).  Just curious if anyone will bother to try to click on samples.   :P
Use it for only 4 of the animated gif samples on this page:  **awebwench.com/ads_animated_gif.htm  
(don't want a link to the page so you will just have to remove ** to visit if you have interest in trying out my use of the script)

UPDATE:  YEP!  8 clicks recorded so far!  :boogie:   Interesting...even SAMPLE ads generate clicks!  (I have it set to unique so the same person can not get credit for tons of clicks).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:33:55 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )