Author Topic: Unable to install CSB5 on Win7 Pro computer  (Read 3207 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
Unable to install CSB5 on Win7 Pro computer
« on: April 07, 2015, 01:40:35 PM »
I originally built my website using Trellix Web, which came with an old computer.  When I found myself unable to do certain things with Trellix I bit the bullet and bought CSB 5.0 just before Globalscape discontinued support for it. 

It installed and ran just fine on my old XP Pro computer (which I no longer have), but it will NOT install on my Win7 Pro computer.  The information presented in Drogo's "can't install CSB5" post doesn't apply, as I'm not trying to move CSB from one computer to another ... I'm attempting an initial installation. 

Installation goes smoothly until it reaches the 5% point (Copying file: C:\Windows\system32\ati.dll), at which point it stops and I get the following error message:

"The file 'C:\Windows\system32\ati.dll' could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory."

The hard drive has plenty of available space and I do have access to the destination directory.

There are several ati.dll files of varying sizes on my computer.  Working in Windows Safe Mode I renamed the original ati.dll file ati.dll.old and copied each of the others to the system32 folder, attempting to install CSB after each one was copied.  I got the error message each time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.