Author Topic: Anniversary  (Read 4207 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Anniversary
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:15:30 PM »
Today is the 2 year anniversary of the GO LIVE of the this forum.
 :bdballoon:

Not much activity, but still a fun place to hang out and play a couple games.
Thanks for spending some time here!!!
 :hug:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
Re: Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 06:18:25 AM »
:fly: Time has flown!                               :dogwalksm:
:hippie: Happy :cake: 2nd Birthday SWCF!!!
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 05:13:16 PM »
:fly: So has my sanity!                              rofl 
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 04:56:58 PM »
It's OK because that is, um, normal ???      rofl

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 06:19:01 PM »
No sanity is normal???   :ss-shocked:
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 06:35:23 AM »
Well I was taking life humorously. BTW have you ever seen an insane cat or dog? I've can't imagine what one would look like but I think I've seen many insane people especially while driving.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
I nearly ran into the back of one a few months ago.

Picture this:
Driving on a 6 lane road (3 each direction). All the way to the far lane, the slowest lane.
No traffic lights, no stop, merge, yield signs. No people or animals on the side of the road or in the road.
Traffic is driving normally, at normal speed.
Suddenly the car in front of me STOPS. DEAD. NO REASON. JUST STOPS.
I slammed on my brakes and stopped 6 inches from the bumper.
I HONKED and HONKED.  The car moved off the road, into a nearby parking lot.
I followed to see if the driver was disabled or hurt.
Turns out the driver had a cell phone in hand. 
Had just received an IMPORTANT text message and needed to read it.
Ya....Stopping in the middle of traffic to read a message.
THAT is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a cat go nuts.  She was beautiful, but too inbred. She would be happy content, eating, playing, resting, and suddenly get a blank/scared look on her face and she would shrink in. She would act like someone was coming at her with a baseball bat or ready to kick her. Sometimes lasted a few minutes, sometimes a few hours. So Sad.  So Sad.  Poor thing.  The vet told me that some of the purebreds are bred with father, mother, son, daughter, etc and causes poor gene pool, bringing out the worst qualities.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
I once saw a woman with a cigarette in the corner of her mouth, holding a cellphone between her shoulder and and chin, talking away in peak hour traffic behind the steering wheel, with one hand on the steering and fingers pointing up while holding a nails brush in the other hand and painting the nails of the hand with the outstretched fingers. I could not see where the Cutex/nail paint bottle was, but it was probably between her knees. No guessing where her mind was and I still wonder if she ever got home safely.

What I'm interested in is, could one tell by giving a glance at your cat, not observing for a while until she started acting strangely, but just a normal look that indicated she was not normal. I've never seen that in a cat or a dog. My wife's friend had a white Persian cat which had a blue eye and a gray eye, and her head tilted slightly to the one side because she was blind from birth in one of her eyes, but she was completely normal in her head and would always come sit with me when we visited. With humans, one can kind of tell when someone is mentally challenged.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 11:45:20 AM »
That woman would have made it home with no problem. People like that CAUSE the accident to the side or behind them but are not involved in the accident. They don't see that what they are doing is just plain STUPID and dangerous!  Unless she runs over someone, she will never learn the lesson. 

Like most women, I will sometimes check/apply lipstick when sitting STILL at a RED light. But nothing else! I talk on my SPEAKER phone (used to use a headset but found myself playing with it too much), while my hands are on the wheel. If the conversation is distracting, important, need to write something down, etc, I pull into a parking lot and deal with it. I set my GPS (in the phone) to audible instructions then turn the phone face down so I am not tempted to look at the screen. Works great.  If I have my itouch playing through the speakers in my car, I do the same, turned face down so I can listen to anything on the unit, including movies (love the dialogue/music and don't NEED the images).  If driving any real distance, I will plug my audio book in and listen through the speakers before I pull out on the road. Since there is no changing media (CD's/cassettes) because they are on my tiny MP3 player they have very little distraction when playing. In fact, they keep me more alert and focused on driving (don't get the head bobbing, blurring of vision from boredom).

Think it is getting more difficult to drive these days. More nail ladies, more angry people, more distracted men doing business on the phone and using the car as an office, etc.

As to my cat FIDGET, I had her for three years without a hint of a problem.  Happy, playful, loving, funny, sweet, energetic, acrobatic, well-behaved, then it was like a time bomb went off.  From that time on, she would cyle between being normal and mental.  At first more normal than mental, but eventually, more mental than normal.  The vet confirmed what was going on.

If you walked into the room during her "normal" periods, you would not, could not tell she had any problems. You would have LOVED her. Absolutely georgeous and friendly! If you walked into the room during her "mental" periods, you could definitely tell there was something wrong with this cat. The facial expression, the eyes were so turned inward, scared.  Not like a feral cat that is scared and runs from your approach. This was like she wasn't seeing what was in front of her. Like she saw her own demons. So sad.  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:08:32 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha